Got My Invite. Want To Know More About The Drive Effects.

JTroska

I got my purchase invitation but I'd still like to know more about the drive effects.

What I really need is a drive effect that'll do the old school, junky, midrangey, dynamically nuanced with good cleanup classic rock sound. Think Jimmy Page, Malcom Young, Joe Perry sort of thing. I have an analog stomp box called the "Hybrid Fuzz Driver" by Skreddy Pedals that does this absolutely perfectly into a clean amp. So it should be feasible to get the sound with a drive effect without amp modeling. I think it's just a matter of if Fractal modeled an appropriate stomp box and how well they modeled it.

Is there a good drive effect in the Fx8 for getting that kind of sound into a clean amp.

I got my purchase invitation but I'd still like to know more about the drive effects.

What I really need is a drive effect that'll do the old school, junky, midrangey, dynamically nuanced with good cleanup classic rock sound. Think Jimmy Page, Malcom Young, Joe Perry sort of thing. I have an analog stomp box called the "Hybrid Fuzz Driver" by Skreddy Pedals that does this absolutely perfectly into a clean amp. So it should be feasible to get the sound with a drive effect without amp modeling. I think it's just a matter of if Fractal modeled an appropriate stomp box and how well they modeled it.

Is there a good drive effect in the Fx8 for getting that kind of sound into a clean amp.

What day did you sign up on the waiting list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Ot25aOIl4

What I really need is a drive effect that'll do the old school, junky, midrangey, dynamically nuanced with good cleanup classic rock sound. Think Jimmy Page, Malcom Young, Joe Perry sort of thing...Is there a good drive effect in the Fx8 for getting that kind of sound into a clean amp.

That Skreddy is a nice pedal. The tones of Page and other classic rockers shouldn't be an issue. The classic overdrives, distortions and fuzz pedals (and more) are all there and easy to tweak to taste. I use only the clean channels on my amps (Mesa, Marshall and Peavey currently) and the FX-8's drives meets my expectations. For its Pagey preset, Fractal employs the Bender Fuzz, which simulates the Tone Bender.

Suhr Bella, it a one channel clean pedal platform amp.
40 or 22 watts switchable. With effects loop.
Suhr designed it for this purpose.
It reall sounds great.

Thanks! I knew you have a Bella but with that Vox in the background, wasn't sure. It does sound great.

Thanks, the Vox is a 1965 AC30, the FX8 sounds great into it, I also run it into a Lazy J20 with great results. The drive seem to work well with all my amps.
I am super picky about my drive pedals and I have plenty great ones. I feel I will be able to dial in the drives in the FX8 to match all my favorites.

That Skreddy is a nice pedal. The tones of Page and other classic rockers shouldn't be an issue. The classic overdrives, distortions and fuzz pedals (and more) are all there and easy to tweak to taste. I use only the clean channels on my amps (Mesa, Marshall and Peavey currently) and the FX-8's drives meets my expectations. For its Pagey preset, Fractal employs the Bender Fuzz, which simulates the Tone Bender.
Ah yes a Tone Bender. That should get me in the ballpark. I like those midrangey sounds because they cut without needing to be very loud. The "muff"-type fuzzes are usually to scooped for my taste.

Here I am using the rat and the fuzz face, in the video I wanted show how nice the dynamics are. They respond very we to volume control and attack.

http://youtu.be/_1FC-QOrLJo
Yes! Now this is what I'm talking about! The way, in the second half, you got all those different sounds with just the guitar pots. I just listened through the crappy iPhone speaker but it sounds like I could definitely work with that. A lot of guys demo metal tones, which are highly compressed and scooped. I need something more open and nuanced. I'm feeling optimistic now.

Back
Top Bottom