Got my "II" yesterday... (bonus metal clip inside!)

chapelizod

Inspired
And it's awesome! The fit and finish really stands out. Not that the Gen 1 boxes weren't nice and all, but it's obvious a lot of attention has been paid to the aesthetics. Everything has been refined, plus the custom LCD with the embedded meters is really slick. USB is fantastic; I got way too excited the first time I was able to plug it directly into my computer. Plus KNOBS!!

Not sure how qualified my ears are to make too many claims or distinctions. I was without an Axe for about six months until I got the II. The one thing that really stands out to me, after playing through Revalver, Guitar rig and Amplitube, is that they could get decent tones but I can finally hear MY guitar again. I almost forgot it had sound of its own until I plugged into the II. My suhr modern is incredibly punchy with great clarity. It's nice to have it back in all its glory!

I've probably never spent as much time playing through the presets before. The first 30 plus are set up with most of the effects bypassed and really showcase the variety of amps. I feel like I'm exploring a lot more, turning effects on and off to see how they interact with that amp in that particular preset. Another thing is the differences in amps are very articulate; even among all the different clean amps that start off the presets. Just a lot of fun, and I feel like I'm learning more right away with the II than I was able to with my standard.

Ok, so with all that being said, since there haven't been any metal clips yet of the II, I give you Winger (and my first ever you tube video!):

[/QUOTE]

Great review. Thanks for sharing. Fun little clip too. I think there was some dry guitar in there though..? ; ) Anyway, nice work.

Great review. Thanks for sharing. Fun little clip too. I think there was some dry guitar in there though..? ; ) Anyway, nice work.

Thanks... Recorded direct via USB, so not any dry guitar. You may be hearing the "clarity" of the guitar/pickups which I referenced above.

Hmm, i'd definitely say there is some dry unprocessed guitar in there.
Because it was recorded direct via usb i would say you have left the dry tracks that the axe2 sends to the daw turned on in this clip.

Hmm, i'd definitely say there is some dry unprocessed guitar in there.
Because it was recorded direct via usb i would say you have left the dry tracks that the axe2 sends to the daw turned on in this clip.

Ok, you're right. Just went back and tested with the amp model muted. Thought I had set it up to only take tracks 1 & 2 from USB. Good ears :)

Nice one man. Sounds cool and the Suhr is fookin great!

Top review, I can't wait to spin through the resets.

Good one Dude!!!!! Great to here another Reb Beach Fan!!!!!
PS This is the origin of METAL!!!!! Respect!!!

--------------------------
Proud to own a SUHR REB BEACH MODEL !!!

I agree. It sounds glaringly obvious to me now. I'll see if I can overdub and update.

Cool. Don't use another track with it. Just do some riffs of your own with your high gain patches or presets. It would give a lot better idea of what the high gain sounds are like on the II. I envy you man :) Enjoy your II!

Back
Top Bottom