Got my Axe FX III

SteveW

Experienced
Uber cool processor; even more so than the II Xl I have is!

I fucking love the fact that all functions are now available on the unit screen itself, as I rarely plug in the PC, save for F/W updates.

Since this is a 3U vs. the II XL+ being a 2U chassis, someone got the boot out of the rack to get her in there - LOL..

It was redundant in any case.

Some quick questions...

1) I was looking for the Stereo link feature in the cabs block, so I could dial in the cab once and not have to repeat it in each block, but am guessing by the layout, that you can't do that anymore? I didn't find the link function or anything that resembles it.

2) I see 4 cabs now, but I only want 2 of them working (I'm in a stereo setup)...so is it the Mute function that suppresses the cabs now?

3) Can you import presets from the II XL+ to the III? And if so, do you need to reset blocks after import?

I know I can find the answers in the manual, but thought I would ask until I had the chance to read through it. Was too busy installing her in to the rack and dialing her in to F/W update, or download the manual

1) I was looking for the Stereo link feature in the cabs block, so I could dial in the cab once and not have to repeat it in each block, but am guessing by the layout, that you can't do that anymore? I didn't find the link function or anything that resembles it.
Stereo Link isn't really needed. Just set up your cab the way you want it, and make sure the Cab block's Input Mode is set to Stereo.

2) I see 4 cabs now, but I only want 2 of them working (I'm in a stereo setup)...so is it the Mute function that suppresses the cabs now?
Yes. Use the Mute/Solo parameter.

3) Can you import presets from the II XL+ to the III?
No.

Thanks for that!

When I setup cab 1, I also need to setup cab 2 whereas on the previous gen, I could turn on the cab link feature and as I dial in right channel my left one would dial in at the same time. That's what I was referring to.

When I setup cab 1, I also need to setup cab 2 whereas on the previous gen, I could turn on the cab link feature and as I dial in right channel my left one would dial in at the same time. That's what I was referring to.
Follow the instructions I typed above, and you'll get the same result.

Uber cool processor; even more so than the II Xl I have is!

I fucking love the fact that all functions are now available on the unit screen itself, as I rarely plug in the PC, save for F/W updates.

Since this is a 3U vs. the II XL+ being a 2U chassis, someone got the boot out of the rack to get her in there - LOL..

It was redundant in any case.

Some quick questions...

3) Can you import presets from the II XL+ to the III? And if so, do you need to reset blocks after import?

I know I can find the answers in the manual, but thought I would ask until I had the chance to read through it. Was too busy installing her in to the rack and dialing her in to F/W update, or download the manual

Congrats! I love the big screen too, but using it with Axe Edit is even better, IMO.

Jan 31st at 12.30 pm I believe.

@Rex, no dice man... Output on cabs set for stereo, but when I adjust Cab 1, Cab 2 doesn't follow and I have to dial it in separately..

What am I missing?

Jan 31st at 12.30 pm I believe.

@Rex, no dice man... Output on cabs set for stereo, but when I adjust Cab 1, Cab 2 doesn't follow and I have to dial it in separately..

What am I missing?
I get my '3' tomorrow so I'm not completely sure. But I don't think there is a 'link' function in the cab block? yet??

Besides, there are 4 slots now so what would the 'link' function do now? Add the same cab to all 4 slots? Maybe 2 separate 'link' switches, slot 1 and slot 3?

@Rex, no dice man... Output on cabs set for stereo...
You have to set the Input Mode to stereo.

...but when I adjust Cab 1, Cab 2 doesn't follow and I have to dial it in separately..
The individual cabs don't follow...the entire cab mix follows. :)

If there are cabs you don't want in either side, mute them. The cabs you do want — pan 'em to center.

Back
Top Bottom