Got it never mind

Beta may and most likely will still have bugs. It will also have the latest and greatest feature set. Beta may not be compatible with AxeEdit, unless their is an AxeEdit update, most likely another beta. Generally no one needs the beta. They may want it.

Beta is an indication that it is still in process and may have "bugs". A public release is an indication that there should be no bugs.....but don't fall apart if there is a small one as nothing is perfect.

OK, I am about to be a new AXE FX III owner. Just ordered it. Will it come with the latest , non flawed . Firmware ? Should I not load in the new 6.0 yet ?? Help !o_O I am hoping I do not have to become a HAL 9000 just to use it !!

Got it ! Thank you ! Now , I just need to figure out how to do that when this Bad Boy gets here !
You can download Axe-Edit and Fractal-Bot, and if you use a Windows machine, there are some drivers also required. If you use a Mac, there are no drivers to load. Fractal-Bot is the program you’ll use to load new firmware to your computer/FC, as well as to backup your AxeFX3. Enjoy!

You can download Axe-Edit and Fractal-Bot, and if you use a Windows machine, there are some drivers also required. If you use a Mac, there are no drivers to load. Fractal-Bot is the program you’ll use to load new firmware to your computer/FC, as well as to backup your AxeFX3. Enjoy!
I am on a Mac Will do.

OK, I am about to be a new AXE FX III owner. Just ordered it. Will it come with the latest , non flawed . Firmware ? Should I not load in the new 6.0 yet ?? Help !o_O I am hoping I do not have to become a HAL 9000 just to use it !!
Relax! You will be in tone heaven regardless of beta; alpha; or omega...III will become HAL but only if you seek that tone...”Dave...everything is ok Dave...”

@Plankspanker59 , from wikipedia:

Beta Release

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware.[3] Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, speed or performance issues, and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

I just finally got my head around the Kemper these last few months , I am sure once I have it in hand , it will all get easier. I am just trying to get as much of a head start before it gets here so i can navigate as best I can .

The kemper isn’t easy or intuitive
Axe is luckily, very very much so

If you are into gear even just slightly you should really be able to dive in

The harder or more advanced things kinda do require coopers help tho! Honestly it’s a real pro audio piece of equipment , most likely the most advanced gear made for electric instruments to date!

You’ll be ok planks ;)

Back
Top Bottom