got everything Loaded , USA Lead 2 sounds well............

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
kind of dead????
I loaded my saved Mark Iv patches that sounded outstanding with 5.07.
Not so good out of the box with 6.0 ????
all of my marshall type patches sound killer
My recto patches sound OK (will need a little tweaking as the recto Models changed)
but not bad
the USA Lead 2....................what changed here?
Sounds completely different from 5.07 :?:?:?

The USA Lead models are matched to a MKIV. On the amp the Lead Drive was set to around 7. If you want more gain increase the Trim in the Adv page.

You may prefer the Lead 1+/2+ models which are matched to the MKIV with the Mid Gain switch on. Also, try the Fat switch.

The models are extremely accurate now but you may need to do some tweaking to get where you want.

The USA Lead models are matched to a MKIV. On the amp the Lead Drive was set to around 7. If you want more gain increase the Trim in the Adv page.

You may prefer the Lead 1+/2+ models which are matched to the MKIV with the Mid Gain switch on. Also, try the Fat switch.

The models are extremely accurate now but you may need to do some tweaking to get where you want.

thanks Cliff I'll mess with them tomorrow (I had my patches matched to my real Mark IV , but I've sold it since I got the Axe II so I'll have to go by memory now)
I did try the fat switch and that helped a lot on the USA Lead 2 I just wanted to check to see if there was anything specific done to these models I should know about , these are my main amp sims
so It's important to me that I get them where I like them.

^+1 Actually, the Recto models sound WAY better too and closer to my actual amp than in 5. Always felt they were missing a little sizzle and cut that my DR has. Well in 6 it's there in spades.

I agree, the usa lead feels like having less gain. The following things helped me quite a bit (using USA LEAD 2+):

+ Set gain around 7, master around 4.5. Turn down bass as it gets flubby real quick.
+ Set input trim anywhere between 1.5 and 2.0.
+ Turn on all 3 switches (Fat/Bright/Saturation).
+ Set Dynamics between 75% and 100%.
+ In the tone menu, i like to bring up the definition parameter quite a bit (great control Cliff!!!)

With a stereo cab, Cali with 57 hard panned left, Recto 4x12 (OH) with 421 hard panned right and high cut at 10khz, it's the best mark IV patch i ever had!

I will have to try this... i had a few markII+ patches that were great, now sound terrible (yes i reset the model). Same with the uberschall and recto orange, was killing before, now the recto is a flubby bass laden mess, uber sounds nothing like it did. Yes i know they were re-worked, but they sound like different amps now.

Still on the fence, will reserve judgement until i've spent some more time with it.

I don't agree to the opinion about the USA Leads having less gain. When dialed in from scratch, they sound much better. The models changed consid., as noted in the Release Notes.

Often, because of major fw changes, previous presets need resetting. Reset your previous patches (reselect amp type), or even default the whole amp block.

I don't agree to the opinion about the USA Leads having less gain. When dialed in from scratch, they sound much better. The models changed consid., as noted in the Release Notes.

Often, because of major fw changes, previous presets need resetting. Reset your previous patches (reselect amp type), or even default the whole amp block.

i'm going to try the system reset when i get home this evening.

Being the USA Lead 2 is my main high gain amp I noticed quite a change too. First off, I use a Mesa 2:90 and EVM12L cabs mostly. But when I upgrade firmware the first thing I do is load the default presets and roll through the stock presets through studio monitors. And with this one I sat with a smile on my face for a couple hours. Most noticably is the refinement of high end IMO. This firmware is now got me thinking it's time for an FRFR setup. I got to the USA Lead preset and with very little tweaking, I was loving it! Definitely another big leap forward in the modeling.

Back to the point. After the initial run through I pulled my previous preset in, reset the amp block, switched to my 2:90 and cab, and my smile kind of went away. I have no doubt I can tune it in again but it was quite dead sounding from what I was used to. I also realized it's all relative after listening to the studio monitors for a couple hours and my ears were tuned for that. It was pretty late at that point so I'll get into it today with fresh ears.

I usually do the full reset but didn't this time yet. I may do that too. I didn't mention it in my previous post, but through the studio monitors I thought the gain was fantastic. I'm loving the Fat switch (which sounds more like a mid boost to me really) and definition controls already. That was kinda the puzzling thing that there seemed to be quite a difference (moreso than before) between monitors and amp/cab. I'm thinking it may be just that the high end seems much smoother now and my previous patch just needs some upper frequencies increased.

I will have to try this... i had a few markII+ patches that were great, now sound terrible (yes i reset the model). Same with the uberschall and recto orange, was killing before, now the recto is a flubby bass laden mess, uber sounds nothing like it did. Yes i know they were re-worked, but they sound like different amps now.

Still on the fence, will reserve judgement until i've spent some more time with it.

I think the Uber sounds SOOOO much better.

I tried resetting the amp block (selected an other amp and then went back to it ) but the settings I had didn't change?
I don't mind starting from scratch the only thing that bums me out is that I had my 5.07 patch basically mirroring my real Mark IV thru my monitors and also thru my ART SLA2
out to my Recto cab, and I've since sold my real mark IV so now I have to go on memory.
My Recto patches sound very bassy now too, so it seems like the Mesa patches need some reworking.
On a positive note my Marshall patches sound killer as do my Peavey patches, so I'm quite happy about that.
the Fat engaged on the FAS 6160 sounds freaking huge :)
Plus the auto synch thru the MFC is really cool (and it works really well :) )

I'm not the AXE expert here. But resetting/re-tweaking will definitely work. I would actually agree that there is a bit less gain, the gain structure is much truer to the Mark IV or even Mark V (having them in my studio currently, I can attest to that for sure). That said, there is still plenty of gain on tap just as with the real Mark series. In fact, the modeling for all amps I've owed seems to be much more spot on!

All will be well. 6.0 is very near perfection. Enjoy!

So which is it? Do the USA sims have more or less gain? On the Axe II I've always felt they had too little gain and required greatly increasing the input trim. I should be able to pick up my Axe II from the studio tonight and update tomorrow or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom