Gordius Little Giant tuner question

jzgtrguy

Inspired
Yo!

Does anyone know if the tuning function of the Axe-fx will show up on the display of the Gordius Little Giant? The Little Giant seems like a cool little (key word) controller. I really like the size of the thing. I was just wondering if the tuning function would work from the pedal????

Thanks!

By the way...........I also email the question to Xavier at Gordius and he got back to me in less than 8 hours. Great service. If that is any indication of the level of customer service Gordius owners would experience that's a big positive. He suggested I post the question on this forum. Any Little Giant users here? How are you handling the tuning issue?

jzgtrguy said:
Yo!

Does anyone know if the tuning function of the Axe-fx will show up on the display of the Gordius Little Giant? The Little Giant seems like a cool little (key word) controller. I really like the size of the thing. I was just wondering if the tuning function would work from the pedal????

Thanks!

Not at this time. At the present no foot controller available for purchase has this ability. I don't think that info is even being sent from the Axe-fx yet.

The only MIDI floor controller announced to have this capability is the MFC101 from Fractal Audio, which is still not yet available for purchase. I believe that the maker of the Liquid Foot controller has also mentioned future support for the Axe-Fx tuner.

xrist04 said:
The only MIDI floor controller announced to have this capability is the MFC101 from Fractal Audio, which is still not yet available for purchase. I believe that the maker of the Liquid Foot controller has also mentioned future support for the Axe-Fx tuner.

If possible.

feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this contoler at length.
Great tool for the Axefx.
As mentioned above, no tuner.
Xavier is a great guy and supports his product on the same level as Cliff.
He just updated his site with an indepth manual which will show you the extents of the features....incredibly powerful little box.

xrist04 said:

Keep in mind that any floorboard will require a supporting update on the AxeFX to enable tuner info to be transmitted via MIDI.

jzgtrguy said:
He suggested I post the question on this forum. Any Little Giant users here? How are you handling the tuning issue?

Actually, I had (mis)understood that the original question was about the ability to control the tuner from the floorboard. For that topic, I referred to this forum, because I couldn't find any MIDI implementation details of the AxeFX in its manual, nor on the AxeFX wiki. Could someone point me in the right direction? I would like to know for instance which CC number (?) controls activation/deactivation of the tuner, along with other info on the MIDI control capabilities - always good to know this kind of details in case I get a question from an AxeFX user.

The "displaying tuner info" topic is something else. Indeed, this will be supported whenever the info is available.

Regards,
Xavier

Thanks guys. This forum is a great tool. I want a tuner but I really like the size of the Little Giant. Maybe I'll open a bank account in Europe somewhere and fill the account with euro's that way it wont seem like I'm getting hosed on the exchange rate :p

ossandust said:
[...] I couldn't find any MIDI implementation details of the AxeFX in its manual, nor on the AxeFX wiki. Could someone point me in the right direction? I would like to know for instance which CC number (?) controls activation/deactivation of the tuner, along with other info on the MIDI control capabilities - always good to know this kind of details in case I get a question from an AxeFX user.
[...]
Currently, there is no MIDI implementation of the tuner (SysEx or otherwise), as far as I know.

I'm guessing that that will change only once Fractal releases their own floor controller. (I'm sure you'll know when that happens, since you're likely to get a whole mess in your inbox of people wondering where the tuner is on the Gordius after that. :p )

Most of the SysEx implementation is undocumented, and possibly considered proprietary, although it can be deciphered by running the Axe-Fx Editor and monitoring the differences in MIDI-Ox (which I'm sure you already know about) or a similar program.

The CC implementation, however, you shouldn't have to worry about. CC#0 is, I believe, the only special-purpose CC currently in use on the Axe-Fx. It is used the same way CC#0 is normally used with MIDI devices, for switching banks. All the other functions can be freely assigned by the user to use whatever other CC#s they wish.

godprobe said:
All the other functions can be freely assigned by the user to use whatever other CC#s they wish.
Thanks, Godprobe. This is the part which I didn't find any documentation about. I wondered if it's possible for the user to define any CC for activating/deactivating the tuner (in order to use a MIDI footcontroller instead of the "Tuner" button on the rack)

ossandust said:
godprobe said:
All the other functions can be freely assigned by the user to use whatever other CC#s they wish.
Thanks, Godprobe. This is the part which I didn't find any documentation about. I wondered if it's possible for the user to define any CC for activating/deactivating the tuner (in order to use a MIDI footcontroller instead of the "Tuner" button on the rack)

Hey Xavier- hope you are well.
yes- the tuner on the AxeFx can be assigned any CC for on/off.

Mike Snider said:
yes- the tuner on the AxeFx can be assigned any CC for on/off.

Can you point us to this? I must be missing it. I didn't see 'Tuner' listed in the control list, nor did I see anything for tuner CC assignment on the tuner setup pages.

Rich G. said:
[quote="Mike Snider":3nq3nw95]yes- the tuner on the AxeFx can be assigned any CC for on/off.

Can you point us to this? I must be missing it. I didn't see 'Tuner' listed in the control list, nor did I see anything for tuner CC assignment on the tuner setup pages.[/quote:3nq3nw95]

Select I/O on the axefx front panel>page over to the CTRL page> tuner assignment is the 5th item down.
To assign a cc; place the curser next to tuner and either use the scroll wheel to select a value-or- hit enter and hit the I/A you want to use to select tuner on/off and the axefx will learn the cc being sent.
note: the cc will only toggle the tuner on/off on the axefx.

Hello,

I have another Gordius question. When you call up a pre set does it display the name of the pre set? I realize this will probably reveal my true Midiot nature but there you have it.

yes, you can label the preset with anyname.
Note: the Gordius and Axefx do not transmit bidirectional data- you will program the Gordius to displaly a name that you input, it will not display the name that is on the Axefx unless you input the same name into the Gordius.

It's all handled in the Gordius Editor when you are setting up you preset switching.

Hi guys,

I have the Gordius LG and I love it. Xavier says as soon as Cliff releases the code, the LG will be able to display the tuner. Until then, the LG can turn the tuner on and off. I love the LG. You can put it in a 3 space drawer, but I use a 15" computer bag. It works perfectly. The LG and an EB jr pedal fits in perfectly.

Oh.... Mike Snider is a valuable resource .... thanks again Mike

Jim :D

Hi all,

I've got the LG(X) and I'm very happy with it.
Xavier is a cool guy and extremely helpful.

Hi,

Another big thumbs up for Gordius and Xavier. I have an LG, serial number 10, which I have been using for almost 2 years, I'm really happy with it and the support from Xavier is in the same league as Cliff's. The LG and Axe-Fx are a great combination.

Probably the second best equipment purchase I have ever made :D

Back
Top Bottom