Gordius Little Giant Module & Axe-Edit @ live scenario

aaalp

It seems it requires easiest connection between Axe FX, Midi Controller and PC with LG Module. I wonder, do they ALL talk to each other in this setup. Let's say, you hit a switch on your midi foot controller to change preset, is the preset displayed on Axe-Edit also changes with the AXE FX? You send a CC# from foot controller to bypass or activate a certain effect block, does it change the effect's status on Axe-Edit? Also, let's say you changed some effects on/off status on a preset in Axe-Edit, are changes transfer through midi foot controller? Does anyone have any experience with LG Module interfacing Axe-Edit in a live scenario? Any pros? cons? Thanks..

I'm using the LG2 and Axe-Edit through 2-way communication.
It doesn't work like you're describing. You can run both apps simultaneously, but the controller won't dynamically change things on the computer screen.

yek said:
It doesn't work like you're describing. You can run both apps simultaneously, but the controller won't dynamically change things on the computer screen.

Yek, thanks a lot for clarifying.

aaalp said:
yek said:

Yek, thanks a lot for clarifying.
Thanks Yek, that's correct. Just some extra info:

today I was retesting the use of LG2 + Axe-Edit + Axe-FX, in order to get my documentation on that topic up to date (as you know there were some recent extensions/changes in the LG2 MIDI-USB behavior - it's now possible to send MIDI both to USB and to MIDI OUT simultaneously)
If you send the LG2 MIDI messages to USB and MIDI OUT, I notice that you control both the Axe-FX and Axe-Edit (that is: presets change on Axe-Edit and Axe-FX simultaneously). If you use stompbox switches on the LG2 to bypass or enable effect blocks, the Axe-FX reacts to this but Axe-Edit doesn't. However, in Axe-Edit you can do "RECALL > Refresh from hardware" to have Axe-Edit synchronized with the latest effects state on the Axe-FX.

Not sure how important that is (being able to control presets and/or effects with the floorboard while doing Axe-Edit changes), I'm just reporting what I noticed today.

regards,
Xavier

Back
Top Bottom