Gordius LB-X help

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
Im having trouble programming the controller, ive followed the demo set-up in the manual, but it wont let me assign preset 2 to button 2 on the controller

????????

Can anyone send me their Gordius Little Big Giant setings files so i can work from that as a template?

Id be grateful

Cheers

1) In Patch setup create a patch (Program Change number in 1st message stream).
2) In Preset setup create a patch preset, with the patch above as the "main patch".
3) In Bank setup doubleclick on a switch position, and select the patch preset.

My setup file is attached (remove zip extension).
[attachment=0:1urop4sv]LG config.lgp.zip[/attachment:1urop4sv]

Okay that worked, now how do i get the axe fx to change presets with the foot controller?

Could i have your axe fx settings too?

When i try to refresh from hardware in axe edit it says "error bad checksum"

any ideas?

Id be happy to pay you to talk me through this, im an extreme newbie with all this

Thanks

EDIT Got the controller changing presets now. Now all i have to do is find some cool presets and assign them to the relevant button.... wish me luck :D

Okay, so im programmed the Gordius to something like how i want it BUT i have one small problem

When i turn on channel 2 that has com, delay, chorus and reverb, all my effects come on at one, but when i go to my dirty channel which has 2 effects, reverb and comp, the other effects dont turn themselves off

What have i done wrong? :?: :?: :? :?

Need more info. By channel you mean a preset? Do you mean presets on the Gordius or presets on the Axe-Fx?

Let's say you have a "clean amp" preset om the Axe-Fx with effects enabled.
And a "dirty amp" preset with effects enabled.

First create the patches (program changes) and patch presets on the Gordius. Keep it simple, do not add stomp boxes to the patch preset. Assign the clean patch preset to switch 1 and the dirty one to switch 2. That's it.

You can of course also use the Axe-Fx import wizard of the Gordius.

Now if some effects stay enabled when switching presets on the Axe-Fx, and you don't want them to, you must bypass them in the Axe-Fx preset itself and store the preset. Because all the Gordius does is recall the preset as it is stored on the Axe-Fx.

This is very basic MIDI switching and should work.

Now if you want more control, like specifying which effects should be active and which should bypassed when switching between presets, REGARDLESS of the state that they're stored on the Axe-Fx, you need to do additional work. You need to add stompboxes (which are MIDI CC's) to patch presets and specify whether they should be on or off.

Yes i meant preset. I think i understand now. I thought that i programmed the gordius to select a preset and the axe fx would know which effects to turn on and off depending on how my preset is made.

It all makes sense now

Quick question

How do i programme the gordius to turn the tuner on and off with the same button say button 8 on the end of the controller?

I really appreciate your help Yek, i was intimidated by all the midi cc etc but between you and Xavier, its all making sense now

Fabio KTG said:
Yes i meant preset. I think i understand now. I thought that i programmed the gordius to select a preset and the axe fx would know which effects to turn on and off depending on how my preset is made.

It all makes sense now

Quick question

How do i programme the gordius to turn the tuner on and off with the same button say button 8 on the end of the controller?

I really appreciate your help Yek, i was intimidated by all the midi cc etc but between you and Xavier, its all making sense now

Glad to be able to help.

Check the setup file I sent you. There's a stompbox preset for the tuner. Assign the preset to switch 8 in the GLOBAL bank and it will be present in every bank on switch 8.

right got it, my only problem now is getting the axe fx to change presets properly, is that done in the utility section?
I've got presets 1,2,3, and 4 as clean 1,2,dity and lead, but the axe fx doesnt respond properly it does something like

button 1 calls preset 000
2 calls 6
3 calls 3
4 calls 000

where do i change this?

Ive changed the midi control/program change in the preset editor, so is it something in the axe fx i need to change?

Cheers

Fabio KTG said:
right got it, my only problem now is getting the axe fx to change presets properly, is that done in the utility section?
I've got presets 1,2,3, and 4 as clean 1,2,dity and lead, but the axe fx doesnt respond properly it does something like

button 1 calls preset 000
2 calls 6
3 calls 3
4 calls 000

where do i change this?

Ive changed the midi control/program change in the preset editor, so is it something in the axe fx i need to change?

Cheers

Check this:

on Axe-Fx, menu I/O > MIDI:

Midi channel: 0
Midi Mapping: none
Prog Change: on
Midi pc offset: 0
Display offset: 0

Upload your config file to check.

Hi Yek, Ive attached a copy of my setup, i still cant get it to work properly

Button 1 calls preset 2
Button 2 calls preset 3
Button 3 calls preset 000
Button 4 doesnt do anything

and to top it off, the tuner button (8) doesnt work either

ARRRGGHHH!!!

Help!!

:? :? :? :?

Fabio KTG said:
Hi Yek, Ive attached a copy of my setup, i still cant get it to work properly

Button 1 calls preset 2
Button 2 calls preset 3
Button 3 calls preset 000
Button 4 doesnt do anything

and to top it off, the tuner button (8) doesnt work either

ARRRGGHHH!!!

Help!!

:? :? :? :?
Hi Fabio,

didn't you receive my email yesterday? If you want effects to turn off, you simply need to specify this in the preset setup.

Extract from the user manual (topic 17.5.5 : Preset Setup > Stompboxes ) :
"An important point to notice: stomp boxes can be switched on or off when selecting a certain preset.
In both cases, you need to add the stomp box to the stompbox list of the preset first. Then you specify
whether the stomp box needs to be turned on or off by checking or unchecking the according checkbox
in that list. Any stomp box which is not added to the list will not change state when the preset is
selected"

About the tuner :
I loaded your setup in my LG-X, I linked the tuner stompbox to button 9 (button 8 already contained Delay1, the Tuner stompbox was not yet assigned to any switch), and I tried it out - no problem activating the tuner. So just check the CC setup on your Axe-FX to see if you have CC number 15 assigned to the tuner : IO > CTRL > TUNER = 15

Regards,
Xavier

No i didnt get the email, would you mind posting my updated file on here please?

Thankyou Xavier, you really a great guy, i had everyone drooling over my new rig last night, think im gonna start a facebook page reving about the Gordius products :D

Back
Top Bottom