Gordius & Axe-Fx Tuner

POB

Inspired
Got this email and a firmware update from Xavier the guy who makes the Gordius MFC products:

Apart from some small bugfixes, main extra features are :

- new possibilities to make use of the rotary knob ( use as "expression pedal" controller, for tempo adjustment, for variable adjustment)
- possibility to display the name of the selected patch
- possibility to postpone sending MIDI messages, until the "transmission lock" is released.
- Axe-FX tuner display
:D :D :D

I'll let you know how I get on with this. I've said it before, I have nothing but praise for this product and it's creator Xavier, a perfect partner for my Axe-Fx.

Hey POB- didnt see your post and I posted the same..no worries.
I agree- the Gordius is, for me, a perfect partner with the axefx.

My hat is off to both Gordius and Fractal.

I don't have a Gordius but it has interested me. It is just so expensive here in the states. Maybe a used one will turn up. I really like the small foot print. I balk at a 22 button device. I like simple. Maybe some day..............

The small footprint was what attracted me initially to the LG but you get a whole lot more than that. Agreed, not cheap then neither was my Axe-Fx, quality seldom is.

Killer. Man, I love that display. So....very.....hard.....to.......wait....for....MFC.....101!!! That thing better have the goods.

thanks for passing by, MisterE
The pleasure was all mine.
I thoroughly enjoy being in the company of genius ;-)
I had the chance to see the man at work and I must say, even though I've got some programming experience, the man has me baffled.
We chatted a while and talked about some ideas he has.
I hope there's enough interest for this because they are just awesome and mind blowing.
I for one have enjoyed my LG-X and it does everything I could ask for.
This thing is so amazing, certainly considering the evolution it has gone through.
If you have only an axe-fx it'll get the job done and if you have more gear in your rack, I think this is the one that'll suit all your needs.

I would like to know if the Gordius Little Giant can read the state of the effects directely from the Axe-Fx and display wich ones are on or off, and if it shows the preset names Without we have to program preset by preset.
Thanks.

I think it might be possible in the future though since my guess is that the MFC will need the Axe-Fx to send this info to display it as well.
Same as with the tuner.

Strataxe said:
I would like to know if the Gordius Little Giant can read the state of the effects directely from the Axe-Fx and display wich ones are on or off, and if it shows the preset names Without we have to program preset by preset.
Thanks.

This is actually a limiting way of thinking and I'm concerned that the MFC101 is only going to work this way. Personally, I really don't want a Line 6 floorboard copy where the foot controller presets match the Axe-Fx exactly. Unlike the Line 6, I'm sure the MFC101 will work as a standalone controller able to control other MIDI gear, but I hope there's a way to turn off the 1:1 relationship with the Axe-Fx. I'd like all the presets on a foot controller bank to be able to recall the SAME preset on the Axe-Fx (but with different IA combos, parameters, etc.) without having to save the preset to multiple locations within the Axe-Fx. I think the Liquid Foot Pro is brilliant in this regard because you can choose to do a one time dump of preset names and effect states as a starting point without being locked in to the presets in the floor controller HAVING to sync with presets on the Axe-Fx.

Man, I wish there was more pre-release info on the MFC101.

Back
Top Bottom