Goofy video of my rig

Great video, let me suggest something though. Normalize your audio, being the first half is really low, then all of a sudden it goes to you on stage and the volume is louder was not really something I enjoyed. Other than that, great work and thanks for sharing.

Really cool - totally inventative way to address a huge cartage problem with a setup of that complexity.

How do you power the stage to get it up the ramp? Looked like you have a control there, what are you using?

Really interesting!

Performance video was very cool too. Great to see the whole rig - and you - in action.

Thanks guys, yeah just got new version of Vegas video editor, need to lean a bit more on this version to make some more performance demo's. Didnt notice it jumped that bad in volume, sorry for the scare.

Scott, i installed an ATV wench powered by one of those small jump start batteries underneath. Really makes it easy to pull in and out and helps guide the thing.
Next thing im going to do is get a wireless remote for it.

Now to put this thing to work!!!

3 gigs with it so far and no issues, so much easier and faster, hardest part is getting a good unload spot at the venue. (Who owns the red truck parked in front of the door!! lol)

And i cant do stairs or sharp 90 degree turns now..

I used to HATE setup and teardown, not much anymore, I used to procrastinate and leave my stuff in the trailer for days after a gig, then by the time i got it out, hooked it up, it was time to load it up again.

Last edited:
Very cool setup!

Around here we could not bring our own stage to the gig very often though, but It does seem like a really cool solution if you can!

Jens

Scott, i installed an ATV wench powered by one of those small jump start batteries underneath.
I would have guessed you used a winch. My wife would kill me if I installed a wench powered by jump-start. :)

I absolutely love your creative design, and the results.

I would have guessed you used a winch. My wife would kill me if I installed a wench powered by jump-start. :)

I absolutely love your creative design, and the results.

LOL, Shes a small wench hidden underneath the stage lol

i guess i should go back and correct that,,, naw,, lol

Because it helps guide it in and out

Last edited:
nicely done, but what happens if you turn up at the venue and there are stairs?

that would never work here in the UK...if i turned up with that, the other guys in the band would probably have to be hospitalised from laughing so much... :)

nicely done, but what happens if you turn up at the venue and there are stairs?

that would never work here in the UK...if i turned up with that, the other guys in the band would probably have to be hospitalised from laughing so much... :)

There is that chance, I do have another rig for those situations with band's. I can unbolt the pedalboard and use my Line6 AX2 that still oozes tone. But for solo I will have to be picky.

Last edited:
I like it! :D and consistency is always a good thing. That would never work here either, most gigs have stairs or some non-conducive terrain, but I really applaud your creativity! ;) nice playing and singing as well, keep it up! ;)

Excellent set up. I am looking for ways to have my crap set up before I get there. "Wenches" may be the solution!!! :twisted

Do you gig full time or just for fun?

Does the pay make up for the trouble/load up/trailer?

Excellent set up. I am looking for ways to have my crap set up before I get there. "Wenches" may be the solution!!! :twisted

Do you gig full time or just for fun?

Does the pay make up for the trouble/load up/trailer?

Looking to gig alot more, but not full time until i retire.
Did it professionally in the 80's (even miss the bad roadies)
Day job must pay my real bills now. (or else i couldnt afford the fractal, lol)
Trailer is paid for.

I will actually take less now. i love performing, but it used to take me 1/2 tear down load all individual pieces up into trailer, setup 1 hour (by then im irritated and 1/2 pooped out), perform 3 or 4 45 min sets, teardown load up 1 hour, very tired.. then back home 1/2 hour resetup.

Now its 10 min, 20 min, perform 3 or 4 sets, 20 min, 10 min and all i lift is a couple guitars and a few small items.

so far it's like night and day.

AND none of my cables get worn out or beer soaked nasty grungy crap on them. (Use alot less deoxit)
The cart has pneumatic wheels and my rack is a shock iso, everything gets alot less wear and tear and bounced around.
Consistency is very easy with this.
My hands are actually clean when i finish!!!

Another plus is i save my sonar session for that particular venue or outdoors gig that sounded good to me and call them up presto when i need them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
Looking to gig alot more, but not full time until i retire.
Did it professionally in the 80's (even miss the bad roadies)
Day job must pay my real bills.

I will actually take less now. i love performing, but it used to take me 1/2 tear down load all individual pieces up into trailer, setup 1 hour (by then im irritated and 1/2 pooped out), perform 3 or 4 45 min sets, teardown load up 1 hour, very tired.. then back home 1/2 hour resetup.

Now its 10 min, 20 min, perform 3 or 4 sets, 20 min, 10 min and all i lift is a couple guitars and a few small items.

so far it's like night and day.

AND none of my cables get worn out or beer soaked nasty grungy crap on them.
My hands are actually clean when i finish!!!

I see your up in Abilene. Gonna have to check it out when I come through..... (me down by Austin - San Antonio)

I see your up in Abilene. Gonna have to check it out when I come through..... (me down by Austin - San Antonio)

Hey, I'm looking into heading your way sometime soon, I will be sure to let you know, would be cool to meet you!
Even if I set up in a parkinglot somewhere with a quiet honda generator during SXSW, lol (been scheming this!)

Cant find the right butt to kiss to play there.. :-(
or the Dallas guitar show is a goal too!! never miss it, might as well try to play. like setup up in the top parking lot lol

when i played live 6 nights a week it was like butter, ya dont think you just play!!!!!
and you get sooo much better..
thats pretty much my goal now, to play and get as good as i can get before i pass on.. not anytime soon i hope...
and Mr. Cliff is my one of my hero's for creating my go to inspirational beast in 2 rack spaces!!
now I just have to produce and follow through...
Where's my anthony robbins mp3's,,,, lol

Duane

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom