AFIII Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Really gorgeous arranging & playing. Awesome! I will have to view again when I have more time. Curious about one of the instruments played - looks like a 12 string mando or something. What is that instrument?
It's called a Gryphon, by a company called Veillette. They now make a more affordable version by their sub company called Avante. So you can get the Avante Gryphon (which is like, say epiphone) or the Veillette Gryphon, the higher end. That's actually the instrument that Tim Pierce used on Goo Goo Dolls's "Iris". It sounds like a mandolin, but more mid-scooped.

I'm in love with that acoustic sound you got. It looks like you mic'd it up, was there a DI feed as well? What acoustic is that please? (Apologies for all the questions)

I need to start preparing how to break the news to my wife about my pending acoustic purchase!

I'm in love with that acoustic sound you got. It looks like you mic'd it up, was there a DI feed as well? What acoustic is that please? (Apologies for all the questions)

I need to start preparing how to break the news to my wife about my pending acoustic purchase!
No worries! I'm happy to answer anything!!!

The mic I use is a Sony C100 (it's a more affordable version of the famous Sony C800)
I run into an API 512C, with the input about 3/4 up, so pretty active.

The first acoustic is a Collings 02H. It's really an amazing sounding guitar. The second acoustic was a Martin 000-18, and through out the tune, the strumming is the Collings and the Martin panned opposites. The little 12 String is a Veillette Gryphon (now they make them overseas with the name Avante by Veillette, but this was an original Veillette that I bought used, I'm sure the others are great too!). The electrics were a Supro Clermont, and a Barajas Custom I just had made.

No worries! I'm happy to answer anything!!!

The mic I use is a Sony C100 (it's a more affordable version of the famous Sony C800)
I run into an API 512C, with the input about 3/4 up, so pretty active.

The first acoustic is a Collings 02H. It's really an amazing sounding guitar. The second acoustic was a Martin 000-18, and through out the tune, the strumming is the Collings and the Martin panned opposites. The little 12 String is a Veillette Gryphon (now they make them overseas with the name Avante by Veillette, but this was an original Veillette that I bought used, I'm sure the others are great too!). The electrics were a Supro Clermont, and a Barajas Custom I just had made.

So awesome, thank you for the info!! I will now compile a list of gear and go speak to my wife (this might be the last day anyone has ever heard from me)! :D

Back
Top Bottom