Goodbye, Todd D. "bishop5150" Bishop

Oh, that IS sad news, that I really didn't want to hear :(

Todd and I had a long-running correspondence off the forum, which stopped three or four weeks ago. Now I know why.

As some on here may know, in my real, non-muso, life, I'm a Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon, and have been for a long time. Todd reached out to me when this all started, and we've got a very long thread of messaging from then on, both via the forum PM section and then private emails. I've been traveling his road with him.

So now I know why I had no further messages from him. I did suspect that he may have got sicker and be back in hospital, but he's been there, done that, before, several times, and always managed to pop me a quick note from his phone to let me know.

Things were always looking ominous from Todd's initial diagnosis, but everyone involved, including his whole medical team, and of course Todd himself and his family, gave it their best shot.

We did have the occasional chuckle as to whether or not a harp would sound any good through an AxeFx3 - I guess we can only imagine.

RIP Todd - we never met in real life, what with you being over there and me being here in Australia, but we did forge a bond across the Pacific.

At least there's no more operations, tests, needles, scans, radiotherapy, pneumonia, and all the other stuff you put up with.

RIP mate :(

Last edited:
My deepest condolences to Todd’s friends and family. I read his thread about his battle here but just couldn’t find words to support him back then. Rest in peace Brother Todd. You will be missed 🖤

That's terrible news. Even all the way over here. Thanks though, for letting us know. Todd will be missed - what a great guy.
Out thoughts are with the family now.
Does anyone have a way to see the video without a Facebook account? (I hate Facebook so don't have one)
Thanks
Pauly
All,

Our friend and fellow forum member Todd Bishop passed away this morning after a brief battle with cancer.
He will be missed. Feel free to share your memories, tributes, and condolences here.

Here's a video his wife posted on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...pwSWoifin8g8bVQP1ZCEiuTBqwtDLul&id=1057345938

Deeply saddened to hear this. Todd was a great asset to the Fractal community and a damn good guitar player. He will be missed. :pensive:

That's terrible news. Even all the way over here. Thanks though, for letting us know. Todd will be missed - what a great guy.
Out thoughts are with the family now.
Does anyone have a way to see the video without a Facebook account? (I hate Facebook so don't have one)
Thanks
Pauly
I was able to watch it without an account.

Back
Top Bottom