Goodbye, Todd D. "bishop5150" Bishop

Again not sure if I can directly post the link to a GFM here but for those interested in donating to the Bishop family, the link is in the video description below.

*& for those of you in/around the Houston area we are having a benefit for him this Sunday at the Concert Pub North. We will be selling Shirts, Picks & raffling dozens of items with everything going to the bishop Family.

Link with event info below.
https://fb.me/e/1RFoTMxka

Last edited:
So sad. I often traveled to Houston on business, and he gave me his cell phone number to text and try to coordinate a visit to meet the band and hang out. Sadly, we never successfully worked out our schedules.

Great, humble, extremely talented person. No ego, or "airs" about him, despite being a monster axe slinger. He will be greatly missed.

Thats recorded really well!

Is there more video from that gig? I'd love to watch a few.

Thanks
(I donated last week ta)

Pauly

Again not sure if I can directly post the link to a GFM here but for those interested in donating to the Bishop family, the link is in the video description below.

*& for those of you in/around the Houston area we are having a benefit for him this Sunday at the Concert Pub North. We will be selling Shirts, Picks & raffling dozens of items with everything going to the bishop Family.

Link with event info below.
https://fb.me/e/1RFoTMxka

I knew Todd from when we were all G System users and posted on the TC Electronics forums, years ago. Super nice guy and an enormous talent. Over the years we, (and a bunch of others) ended up here using the same gear on our never ending journey.

He will be missed dearly.

RIP Father Todd

RIP and my deepest condolences to his family. I am late to this thread, somewhat intentionally as these threads usually have a 48 hour best before date and then we just get back to our own routine and life. I hope that my late post can make this tribute and honour thread go on longer

Todd, Never knew you, just few comments on the forum here. Saw your videos and you and the whole band were AMAZING!! Your tone and accuracy beyond anything. And your "OZZY" more Ozzy than Ozzy... Loved your work. Rest in peace! My deepest blessings.

Hey everyone, my apologies if you get a notification for this and think something crazy happened. This is Todds step son Brendan. I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. I’m honestly terrible with remembering names, but I definitely remember some of you. More so, he talked about all of you. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me all of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on this account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made my own account BrendanMartinezMusic for anybody interested in following along.

That being said, this is the official last post on this account. The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave me the password and said it’s ok to go through)

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."
-James Keller

SYOTOS

Hey there @BrendanMartinezMusic

First my condolences to you and the family.
I didn't know Todd personally, but was hammered when reading the sad news about him passing. Many respect to him beeing open about his condition in this thread.

Thank you for this last post, a tribute to the one and only Bishop5150. Hope the spotlight for Todd will always be on on his journey hereafter.. he is the only one now who knows what is the real story.

Welcome to this forum brother.

Hey everyone, my apologies if you get a notification for this and think something crazy happened. This is Todds step son Brendan. I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. I’m honestly terrible with remembering names, but I definitely remember some of you. More so, he talked about all of you. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me all of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on this account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made my own account BrendanMartinezMusic for anybody interested in following along.

That being said, this is the official last post on this account. The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave me the password and said it’s ok to go through)

-James Keller

SYOTOS

Hi Brendan. I am sorry for your loss.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us.

Best wishes from Bangkok,
Manuel

Hi Brendan
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes once again.

Todd was an extremely talented but at the same very humble and giving person. I will miss him always.

I wish you the best of luck on your own musical endeavors. I'm sure you'll be able to find help on here. Never hesitate to ask. There are sub forums for all non-AxeFX things.

So sorry for you losing Todd, Brendan. Wishing you and your family more peace with each passing day. I lost my younger brother to cancer 3 years ago, and of course I still miss him, but yeah, it's tough at times. I'm real glad to hear he left you that gear. That's really cool. Hope you do well with it, and hope to see you around the forum. The Fractal stuff is pretty awesome, and the music I heard that Todd made with it was spectacular! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and it will be a nice way for you to continue to have a connection to him.

-James Keller

SYOTOS

Condolences again. You’re the new candle lit 🔥👍🏻🙏🏻

I’m so sad to see this news. How I missed it, I dont know. The last news I saw was Todd receiving the guitar from Zak Wylde. That seemed to make his day. I’m relatively new to the forum and I didn’t know Todd personally, but his videos of Ozz along with his David Gilmour quote were some of the first things I remember when joining. He obviously was a person who left a lasting impression.

To his Wife, Brendan and all his loved ones I wish to express my sympathies for your loss. I can attest to understanding the pain and the emptiness. It will get better with time. Remember him healthy, happy and playing music. I hope you’re comforted in the coming months and years. Peace & Love…Chris🕯

Back
Top Bottom