Goodbye, Todd D. "bishop5150" Bishop

Hey everyone, my apologies if you get a notification for this and think something crazy happened. This is Todds step son Brendan. I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. I’m honestly terrible with remembering names, but I definitely remember some of you. More so, he talked about all of you. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me all of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on this account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made my own account BrendanMartinezMusic for anybody interested in following along.

That being said, this is the official last post on this account. The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave me the password and said it’s ok to go through)

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."
-James Keller

SYOTOS
Welcome, Brandon! I’m glad you stopped by and shared some more about your stepdad with us.

Glad to see you here Brendon Welcome. We look forward to you on the fractal forum. Todd was a great influence here on the forum. Aways sharing and helping with anything with his knowledge on any subject ……
Welcome!

I'm sorry I didn't catch this at the time, I had been following his posts about his illness since last year. Sorry to see you go, brother, you were a great artist and asset to the community. Say hi to Randy and the other rockers for me, hope I see you on the other side...

Hey everyone, my apologies if you get a notification for this and think something crazy happened. This is Todds step son Brendan. I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. I’m honestly terrible with remembering names, but I definitely remember some of you. More so, he talked about all of you. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me all of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on this account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made my own account BrendanMartinezMusic for anybody interested in following along.

That being said, this is the official last post on this account. The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave me the password and said it’s ok to go through)

-James Keller

SYOTOS

Welcome; and thank you for writing and sharing this wonderful post!

Welcome, Brendan! Your dad made quite an impression with many here. I interacted with him a few times since I got here, and got the feeling he was a great person with a generous and kind heart - someone to admire and who served as a great example of many of the better bits of humanity. I can't imagine the hole he's left behind in passing. I hope you find some comfort in all of the anecdotes here....

Todd and I kept in contact on Facebook. I'd check in on him from time to time to see how he was doing. It had been a while and then I just saw this message. I didn't even know he passed. It's so sad how fast this terrible disease can just enter our lives and take us down. I'm truly crushed. Rest in piece Todd.....no more pain and suffering. Prayers and good thoughts to his family.

-James Keller

SYOTOS
Welcome on board.

Todd was truly a good dude.

Todd and I had hoped to get together in the past when I would visit Houston from time to time. In the past year, Todd and I connected more when I was diagnosed and treated for a rare cancer in my eye, and continue to battle the future of possible spread to other areas, so Todd and I talked and encouraged each other through messenger during both of our treatments. He was much stronger than I was/am and was always upbeat and determined to beat this horrible illness that is cancer. He was good about checking up on me, even during his own battles. I continue to think about him and mourn the loss of such a great and humble human being. God Bless his family.

I hadn't heard this sad news either. By chance, my wife and I saw a band last night that played "No More Tears" and well, let's just say I immediately thought of Todd and how he and the Ozz band could really nail those songs. When we got home I had to hit YouTube to watch Todd and the boys show us how it's done, then I saw a post in the comment section that read "Rest In Peace Todd" and my heart sank. This was the first place I thought to go. Like many others have mentioned, I never had the opportunity to meet him, but his helpful insights on the AX8, sharing of presets, videos and positive friendly attitude will always be remembered. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest In Peace brother.

Todd and I had hoped to get together in the past when I would visit Houston from time to time. In the past year, Todd and I connected more when I was diagnosed and treated for a rare cancer in my eye, and continue to battle the future of possible spread to other areas, so Todd and I talked and encouraged each other through messenger during both of our treatments. He was much stronger than I was/am and was always upbeat and determined to beat this horrible illness that is cancer. He was good about checking up on me, even during his own battles. I continue to think about him and mourn the loss of such a great and humble human being. God Bless his family.
I hope you're doing ok, and I'm sorry it took me so long to see this. I wouldn't wish that struggle on anyone. Keep fighting

Back
Top Bottom