Goodbye Old Friend

I have family members who can't have kids an their animals are their life. Sorry to for your loss Cliff...

I have a cat myself.
It should be not exactly so, but losing such a companion is like loosing someone close in the family.
They are indeed belonging 100% to the family.
I probably accept more from this little animal than I would accept from my son !

Our cat died 3 years ago (19 years old). It took us more than one year to be ready to adopt an other one.
But we love cats, and we NEED to have one with us. It brings so much to us.
We have for two years adopted another one, Lilou, and of course it is now for us the most beautiful cat in the world !!

Take your time, let your pain go away, and adopt another one.
This is the only thing to do.

So the day Marty died we came home and our other cat Cosmo was limping. Turns out he had cancer in his leg (so-called "injection site sarcoma"). Had to have his leg amputated. He was doing great until last week when he started acting funny. Got the diagnoses today that the cancer had spread to his lungs. That's three cats we've lost to vaccine cancers. I blame the drug companies. They lobby the states to enact mandatory vaccinations and they put out cheap vaccines full of crap chemicals ("adjuvants").

I don't know whether I more mad or sad over this...

So the day Marty died we came home and our other cat Cosmo was limping. Turns out he had cancer in his leg (so-called "injection site sarcoma"). Had to have his leg amputated. He was doing great until last week when he started acting funny. Got the diagnoses today that the cancer had spread to his lungs. That's three cats we've lost to vaccine cancers. I blame the drug companies. They lobby the states to enact mandatory vaccinations and they put out cheap vaccines full of crap chemicals ("adjuvants").

My heart goes out to you Cliff. Three deaths of beloved pets in such a close time span is horrible. Makes you really want to appreciate them while they're still here, because when they're gone that void they leave is truely painful. So sorry. Now I'm gonna give my dog a big hug.

Ugh....:rage::cry::disappointed:

I'm sorry, Cliff. That sucks. And I can't think of any better words than that.

Love what you've got. Remember well what you no longer have. Peace.

Oh my gosh Cliff I'm so sorry, that's terrible, my sincerest condolences :cry:. I had to give up my cat to a no kill adoption agency last September after a divorce and losing my house, I can only hope she went to a good home and I hope your cat went to a good place too. I don't blame you one bit for being angry, but at the same time may peace come to you soon. :neutral:

>I'm sitting here staring at my Axe FX III and thinking, what a wonderful man he must be, the one who created such a gift to all guitarists around the world. I don't think I can say it any better than Neil Peart when he wrote; "What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound"

Edit: Oh, everbody here knows I'm long wided so here goes, this lyric made me cry after my aunt passed, but also made me feel better afterward, sorry I don't have the gift of poetry like this man:

I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into Olympus
As was told in tales of old
To the city of Immortals
Marble white and purest gold...

Last edited:
That must be so hard on you guys, cats become such a big part of your life so I can't imagine what loosing 3 is like (I've always had 1 cat at a time). Will be in our prayers!

Hate those big corporate giants who just want to make money out of the system and have no actual regard for life itself.....

I had to have my GSD put down in May

I'm not too proud to admit I bawled like a baby for a good time
He was my best mate, wingman etc
My gf said it was like Han Solo losing Chewbacca!

He was blind and wobbly from a brain condition so I had to act as his eyes

He was diagnosed with arthritis in Feb and put on heavy painkillers
His personality started to change, the light bulb got dim is the way Id describe it.

Last year he had a twisted spleen and stomach which he managed to come through exceptionally well

But in late April he had a flare up and of similar symptoms and I couldn't bare to see him suffer so I had him put to sleep

Reading Cliffs post makes me wonder if those meds they put him on affected or spead up his decline cause they certainly affected his character so God knows what they were doing to his internals

I'm sorry to hear about your family losses. I'd be gutted and would be more mad than sad. Would it be possible to have a safer inoculation or is it mandatory to use these horrifying carcinogens?

That does suck. I'd say both. I wouldn't be letting future cats get any.
Our pets rely on us to keep them safe. They trust us. It's your right.
If you can confine them to your home , there shouldn't be any issue. Sorry for your losses

Back
Top Bottom