Good TV shows “worth watching”

Game of Thrones is a bad TV show that many people feel is worth watching.
I can't believe how fast my enthusiasm in that show died with the last season. I don't even feel like rewatching it- I just couldn't care less, it ended in such a trite, thoughtless way. So many plot lines just abandoned- major elements of the show, entire character arcs, that just turned out to be completely pointless. What a waste.

Project Blue Book
Big Mouth
For All Mankind
The Morning Show
Billions
Jack Ryan
Sherlock
Homeland

Great British Bake Off. I do not like reality shows at all but this is different. Interesting combination of politeness, human warmth, and food.

Humans (BBC)
Counterpart
Westworld
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Sense 8
The Man in the High Castle
Fringe
Continuum
Torchwood
Doctor Who
3%
Marvel's Agent Carter

Last edited:
I kind of dug "The End of the F***ing World" on Netflix - some of it bugged me but I found that I kept watching it. I liked the fact that I didn't know anyone in it - made it a little more believable.

• Chernobyl
    Not entirely scientifically correct, but so well done all in all. It doesn't rush through the story, it's very calm, but shocking at the same time.
  • Game of Thrones
    I don't get the hate for the last season, I really don't. I've watched it again after the whole series was finished and it's still a great story being told in a wonderful way. For those who paid attention in seasons 1-7 basically knew what was coming. It was all on the table! Maybe I'll watch it again someday.
  • See
    Something refreshingly new. And I just love the two main characters played by Jason Momoa and Hera Hilmar. He's a beast of an actor (at least for roles like this) and she convinces me completely.
  • Rick And Morty
    Crazy as hell, pure entertainment :p
  • Vikings
    I liked it a lot until Ragnar died. Hera Hilmar would have been a wonderful Lagertha imho, also since she's a real Viking ;) Still, a great show, although I find the way some of them talk a bit distracting sometimes tbh.
  • Young Sheldon
    He's just too sweet to not be liked imho.
There are many more I like, those above are my current favs.

I can't believe how fast my enthusiasm in that show died with the last season. I don't even feel like rewatching it- I just couldn't care less, it ended in such a trite, thoughtless way. So many plot lines just abandoned- major elements of the show, entire character arcs, that just turned out to be completely pointless. What a waste.
Yeah it got worse and worse as the seasons progressed and took a real nosedive once they went past GRRM's material. The books aren't amazing literature but at least they're somewhat captivating and entertaining... the show just butchered the story.

Back
Top Bottom