Good times...

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
An old singer from the originals band I started and led for 26 years before "retiring" it a few years back just tagged me on Facebook with a live performance video from almost 10 years ago.

Aside from the added applause (done by our bassist who did the video edits) I thought it was a good performance.

If you care to watch, it's here:

Nice solo!

No kidding !. So 10 years ago…..was that the Axe II ? Sounds great.

looks pre axe fx, but we wont hold it against you.:cool: What all was in the rack back then?
Thanks guys!

That was pre Axe Fx days. The rack had:

• Budda SuperDrive II 30 chassis that I custom mounted by attaching it under a rack shelf
  • TC Electronic G-Major 2 in the amp effects loop
  • A Voodoo Lab GCX loop switcher with a Carl Martin compressor and number of OD pedals on a rack shelf:
    • Barber Direct Drive
    • Nobels ODR-1
    • Rodenberg GAS-828
    • Tech 21 Double Drive
    • Voodoo Lab Proctavia
  • A Juice Goose power conditioner
The G-Major and GCX were controlled by a Ground Control and Ground Link.

If you look closely you can see the Budda amp on top has no chassis (cuz it's in the rack). So this was probably while I was in the process of building my custom pine 2x12 cabinet.

That rack was a big motivator for moving to the Axe Fx. I couldn't put it in my car by myself!

A year later I got my first Axe Fx! Never looked back :)

Last edited:
If you want to see some more, I can only point you to a Facebook link as the original YouTube videos seem to be gone :(

We had 4-5 videos from that gig but they may be not be available anymore... Trying to touch base with the old bassist to see if he's got them.

Edit:

Well apparently that doesn't work...

Back
Top Bottom