Good power conditioner that works on 240vac?

jerotas

Experienced
Hey guys!

Sometimes I'll hear a loud "click" ever few minutes or so when I rehearse at our practice room (when I'm not playing)...I don't hear the other equipment make this noise, but I see the meters on the Axe-Fx move when it happens. I have had this happen at my house when using headphones too. I'm thinking that a power conditioner will fix this? Maybe it's some kind of voltage irregularity.

I want to get a power conditioner / spike protector that works on 240vac (I'm in China). So probably any of the European products will work, but not most US stuff (wrong voltage). I would prefer the non-rackmount (floor) kind, since they tend to cost less and do the same thing. Also my rack is heavy enough as it is. I have 4 flights of stairs to go up and down each time I bring it somewhere :(

Does anyone know if the cheap Monster "clean power" products actually condition the power? i.e. make the power supply consistent.

Cheap normally equates to spike protection only...Clean power is going to cost you..(at least it did me) Try the Furman PL-Pro DMC E or equivalent. Can be purchased at Sanecore Audio LtD Hong Kong, China

cloudsplitter said:
Cheap normally equates to spike protection only...Clean power is going to cost you..(at least it did me) Try the Furman PL-Pro DMC E or equivalent. Can be purchased at Sanecore Audio LtD Hong Kong, China

Thank you for the reply. Well sure if you're talking SUPER cheap, it's only spike protection. I don't mean $15 cheap. Again, I don't want to put this in my rack, I'd prefer a site-on-the-floor kind without the sharp rack corners. Does anyone know which brand is cheap (around $100 or less) for the floor kind that does for sure condition the power?

How about something like a UPS designed for a PC...

Something in the appropriate wattage for the Axe should be relatively inexpensive.

Hi, I bought my 1 rack Furman conditioner 240v from Sanecore Audio in Hong Kong (I live in HK).

Does the job, but I'm also looking around for a portable and lightweight solution too. The Furman adds a bit of weight to my rack...

I've been chasing these guys to see if they have something in 240v, but haven't heard back from them:

http://www.smartpowersystems.com/

Also, been trying to look around in HK for some Monster products but can't seem to find anything. Keep us posted if you track anything down.

Cheers

I have been seeing the Monster stuff on taobao.com for much cheaper than US prices. I'll let you know what I decide to go with.

I'm thinking of also checking UK sites for Monster type products, because HK has the same voltage and plug format as the UK.

I have the dinopower (in fact I'm just about to put it on ebay) it's a great unit in that it filters power as well as supplying a constant voltage and surge protection. I find that it's simply supluss to my current requirements.

Regards

Spencer

larbear63 said:
Cron said:
Google APC line-R le1200
jerotas, this is the one to get. it has voltage regulator & conditioning.

& it's priced great.
from apc specs:
- Output regulation +6/-12%, for euro model +/-10%
- response time <2AC cycles. On 50Hz that's <40ms

I don't know much about voltage regulation but +/-10% variation for 230V is like 207V - 253V. Doesn't seem so regulated to me or am I missing something?

Furman power conditioners' response time is spec'd at 1 nanoseconds. Difference is huge but I don't know if they are measuring response time the same way.

Back
Top Bottom