Good ol' 60s style Twin tone.

That was really excellent. Could you discuss the patch a bit? Was this written for direct recording or was that a mic'ed cab or FRFR sol'n? Block layout? Standard IR or something custom?

I'm getting nice tones out of my Axe-Fx, but that was a stellar tone...I'm still learning how to dial up the stellar tones.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I have posted a copy of the patch to Axechange. I believe it is called "Springy Twin".

The heart of the patch is a blackface amp with a blackface cab, with the large "vintage" reverb in between the amp and cab, and a hair of slapback delay. I also use the pedal compressor in front and MBC toward the end of the patch for recording.

The recording is direct through an s/pdif interface.

Here's another one that uses the same patch. The dirt comes from an Analogman King of Tone, and most of the dirty parts use a clean Marshall amp model on the Axe. But you can hear the Twin model pinging away in the background.

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/KOT.mp3

Wow... What a great clean sound. I'm still trying to get something remotely sounding like this on my end.

I don't have the new editor installed, so I guess I can't get your patch from the new Axechange. Would you mind posting just your amp block parameters here?

MrMunky: very nice sir. Thanks for sharing.

Deltones said:
Wow... What a great clean sound. I'm still trying to get something remotely sounding like this on my end.

I don't have the new editor installed, so I guess I can't get your patch from the new Axechange. Would you mind posting just your amp block parameters here?

Here it is: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/870088/AxeFx ... 20Twin.syx -- I'm trying out the "Save --> Bank as Patches..." option in the Preset Manager on Axe-Editor. Lets see how it works out. I'm using SysEx ID 125 -- if your unit doesn't recognize the patch, try matching SysEx IDs. I know when I do a straight MIDI dump from my Axe-Fx to SysEx Librarian the SysEx ID is embedded in the patch and will only work on upload if your SysEx ID is the same.

iaresee said:
MrMunky: very nice sir. Thanks for sharing.

Deltones said:

Here it is: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/870088/AxeFx ... 20Twin.syx -- I'm trying out the "Save --> Bank as Patches..." option in the Preset Manager on Axe-Editor. Lets see how it works out. I'm using SysEx ID 125 -- if your unit doesn't recognize the patch, try matching SysEx IDs. I know when I do a straight MIDI dump from my Axe-Fx to SysEx Librarian the SysEx ID is embedded in the patch and will only work on upload if your SysEx ID is the same.

Will try to load it in the old editor. Thanks for the link.

Deltones said:

Sure!

TwinAmpSettings.jpg

Back
Top Bottom