Good headphone suggestions

Im a cheap bastard as well, but I am also looking for the best I can. No matter the price to a point. Lol

I’ve been using them forever and others don’t seem to be worth the extra money but my ears are used to them. I use them to help as reference while mixing. I think my son has the HDs and I’m curious so I’ll A/B them tomorrow. Best to try them out yourself obviously. Don’t know if there’s response curves to compare. Hmm.

On Amazon.ca the 50's are $50 more. Im on a strict budget so I will take the 40's for $150. :)

How much are the 40’s compared to the 50’s?

I like the removable/exchangeable cord option of the Audio Technica’s.

I also like the fact it has 2 sets of cords, I do plan to use this when travelling as well so the straight cable would be awesome.

I picked up the Massdrop HD6XX, which to be clear is effectively the Sennheiser HD650 for $199. However, Massdrop also offers HD58X Jubilee, which is effectively the HD600s for $150 (I can't post links since I'm a heavy lurker.... I need to participate more!).

I will say that I feel like I have a pretty average sized head, but the HD6XXs border on uncomfortably tight. I'm really hoping they relax after some useage because they sound great!

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (I have the 250 ohm version, fine with Axe II XL), if you want a little more bass :)

I tried the Sennheiser HD598 and Audio Technica M50x before landing on the Beyer DT-880's this year. Love the Beyers much more than the other two. The HD698's were dark sounding and the M50x unnaturally scooped and bright. Beyers are really rich sounding in the mids and comfortable too.

Back
Top Bottom