Good 'FRFR' monitors for around $550?

Hey everyone,

I'm getting an XL+, and I was wondering what monitors you would suggest? I need them to be around $550 for the pair.

Thanks!

My KRK 6's that I got for dirt cheap sound amazing to me at room volume. I had some more spendy Yamaha that didn't sound any better. I have heard good stuff about the Equator 5's

Actually, right in that price range I'd probably forego the 308s and buy the LSR305 w/the matching LSR310S sub. That'll get you an all around better listening environment than the 308s if you're using for more than just the XL+.

Actually, right in that price range I'd probably forego the 308s and buy the LSR305 w/the matching LSR310S sub. That'll get you an all around better listening environment than the 308s if you're using for more than just the XL+.

You can get red 305s from Guitar Center for $99.99 each right now.

I have no experience with any of them, so no comment on sound or recommendations.

Okay, thank you everyone for the replies! I think I'm going for a pair of Mackie MR6 MK3s. Anyone had experience with that?

Last edited:
I got a pair of yamaha hs-8's from GC for 529.00 right around Chistmas. Dont know if they still have the deal but all yamaha studio monitors "buy one and get the 2nd for 1/2 price"

I can't argue with this. I just prefer 8" woofers on my monitors, and i typically don't like having subs at all. At the right volume level, the bass will be close enough without a "real" control room, which I do NOT have.

I bought a pair of used Yamaha HS80s and I absolutely love them. Same as the HS8s as far as I can tell but the previous generation. They can be had for a good price since they have been replaced with the new line.

Back
Top Bottom