Good Case for AX8 ??

I'm using a Ridgid case from Home Depot. A VERY SMALL amount of padding needs to be added to the interior to keep the AX8 from moving around inside, but not much... Honestly, no padding would need added and if this were the situation, it would still be fine. It would just rattle back and forth a little bit. Which is unnerving and not what I wanted.

There isn't enough room for an expression pedal. But I can easily fit two 10' XLR cables and the power cable next to the AX8.

This thing is indeed rigid. God forbid it might happen take a tumble down a flight of stairs, I'm very confident nothing would happen to the AX8 nestled inside. It's also only $29. View attachment 41029 View attachment 41030

Certainly not the answer for everyone, but it's the answer for me.
Thank you for posting this. I went out and got one as well and added some adhesive foam rubber I had lying around. It's really nice and snug and bullet proof! I'm super happy! $30! You can't beat it! And I still have room for cables!

Again thank you!

Still using and sold on the Mono 365. It holds everything I need, can convert to a backpack on the occasional "long haul to the stage" gigs, and seems to be holding up fine. I'm sure it's not perfect for everyone, but has been a great fit for me.

An additional perk is that the folks at Mono have been a joy to work with. It always seems to be a much more enjoyable purchase and use experience when it begins with people who are genuinely interested in your music making (kind of like a certain New Hampshire company I know).

Just found this, and it seems like it could be a perfect fit for the AX8
(might not fit cables etc, but would be superb protection for when its needed).
EDIT: On second thought, you might be able to cut out a smaller rectangle in the bottom
foam, to accommodate a smaller assortment of cables, have the AX8 on top, nestled
in a cut out rectangle of the other foam block.
https://www.thomann.de/se/peli_1500000110.htm

I'm using a Ridgid case from Home Depot. A VERY SMALL amount of padding needs to be added to the interior to keep the AX8 from moving around inside, but not much... Honestly, no padding would need added and if this were the situation, it would still be fine. It would just rattle back and forth a little bit. Which is unnerving and not what I wanted.

View attachment 41029 View attachment 41030

Certainly not the answer for everyone, but it's the answer for me.
+1 for the Rigid case from Home Depot! I like a hard shell case and this one does the job well with just a little bit of foam padding added. I had some leftover Auralex sound conditioning from my studio that's 2" thick, cut it to fit and used Gorilla spray adhesive to attach it to the lid. The foam compresses just the right amount and protects the face of the AX8. Extra room on side for power and patch cables. Super cheap to make and great protection! Dig the gasketed lid too!

I have 2 ATA style briefcases that I bought from Staples/Office Depot......$65 and I've been flying and checking my MFC for years. My AX8 fits perfectly as well.

I'm using the largest Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight. It's a chinese knock off of the Pelican type case. Waterproof, dustproof hard shell with pick apart foam. For $45 it's just what I needed. Can't fit anything else in it but I have other cases for cables and expression pedals.

I'm using the largest Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight. It's a chinese knock off of the Pelican type case. Waterproof, dustproof hard shell with pick apart foam. For $45 it's just what I needed. Can't fit anything else in it but I have other cases for cables and expression pedals.
Awesome!

I just purchased the Condition 1 1801 case from Amazon and it works great. Very similar to a Pelican case but much more affordable. I'm new here, so I can post pix yet.

i have the mono 2.0, goes great, just soft if you play live, and don't be worry about someone standup or put a bass amp on it...
but for something bulletproof ill get the peli 1510!! for sure

Would anyone happen to know which Peli case is this one? The 1510 seems to be pretty popular in the AX8 community, but I need a PedalBoard Nano backup rig and a bunch of cables and tools, so the 1510 seems to be a bit too small. I'm only judging by pics I've seen with an AX8 in them.

Back
Top Bottom