Good Case for AX8 ??

RumHam

Hello Fractal Folks!, I just ordered my Ax8 and it's on it's way! Has anyone found a good hard case for the ax8? Thanks.

Had the hard case but honestly it is so easy and fast to setup the AX8 and an expression pedal or two I just use the Mono 365 - easier to carry and lighter.

If you really want a hard case search through the archives - lots of posts here and elsewhere online.

Had the hard case but honestly it is so easy and fast to setup the AX8 and an expression pedal or two I just use the Mono 365 - easier to carry and lighter.

If you really want a hard case search through the archives - lots of posts here and elsewhere online.
Thanks for the info. I'm not against a soft case, I'm pretty careful with my gear anyways. The 365 looks like great option.

I've been using an ATA style briefcase for my AX8. Its a case I've had since the 90's. You'd need to check internal dimensions to be sure.

the line 6 backpack for the helix will also work fine and you get to f*** with people when they see the AX8 coming out of it lol

I have the 365. I'm not sold on it yet. Only used it once so far. It's too tight plus I didn't need, didn't want a backpack. So I carry this backpack like a regular case by hand. I don't know. I was too quick on the draw because of all the amazing reviews.

I have the 365. I'm not sold on it yet. Only used it once so far. It's too tight plus I didn't need, didn't want a backpack. So I carry this backpack like a regular case by hand. I don't know. I was too quick on the draw because of all the amazing reviews.
For me, the backpack capability is a bonus. Loaded up with pedals, cables and everything else, it's the easiest way to carry that much gear while leaving both hands free for guitars and other stuff.

I wish it were a little less tight when crammed with cables, wireless, iPad and such, and I wish the top flap zipped closed, but I don't feel the tightness adds any damage risk, and I like the fact that the gear is captured and won't flop around.

For me, the backpack capability is a bonus. Loaded up with pedals, cables and everything else, it's the easiest way to carry that much gear while leaving both hands free for guitars and other stuff.

I wish it were a little less tight when crammed with cables, wireless, iPad and such, and I wish the top flap zipped closed, but I don't feel the tightness adds any damage risk, and I like the fact that the gear is captured and won't flop around.
I understand. For me years of playing, moving gear, practicing have made my back very sensitive, so a backpack isn't the best option for me.

I understand. For me years of playing, moving gear, practicing have made my back very sensitive, so a backpack isn't the best option for me.
It's worth experimenting with the straps. An evenly-distributed load riding high on your shoulders can actually be better for your back in most cases.

Maybe. But I put my stuff on a dolly anyway. But you know I got this in part for air travel. I haven't done that yet. I'm keeping it regardless.

Reactions: Rex
Maybe. But I put my stuff on a dolly anyway. But you know I got this in part for air travel. I haven't done that yet. I'm keeping it regardless.
Dolly is the way to go, if there are no nasty steps or airports to get in the way. I hope the backpack mode serves you well when you fly.

Back
Top Bottom