Good Axe III case - finer ones, options?

Being back to FAS after 4 yrs, got an Axe III coming and need a space for it only.
Think I've seen some better than molded plastic ones, if anyone can share. Thx

Molded cheap plastic one for the win - only because I'm playing locally, and haul my own gear. Certainly wouldn't fly it, probably wouldn't use it if I had a crew helping with cartage. I also built the band's IEM/FOH/Wireless systems in the same cases, so they all interlock and stack very nicely. Plenty durable if you don't toss them around. My years of toting full flight cases are behind me.

I'll give another recommendation for Casesmith Customs but only for the house. I think if I was out playing regularly I'd use a plastic molded one just to save weight and have front/back covers.

+1 for NYC cases. They have built 4 cases for me now. Can't beat the quality, communication or service. Very pleased with them. Not once, but three times I hit them with last minute changes (I know, I know...). All three times they bent over backwards to accommodate my changes.

Super simple to buy a board and some Tolex fabric and make one bit in all honestly, for actual use and transport the plastic style ones are way better. Much lighter, more durable, easy to use covers etc

I’ve done Tolex, tweeds etc, over the years but they really only look good sitting at home, wouldn’t be my choice if I was loading in and out all the time. Give me proper molded handles and stuff. My authentic leather fender style strap looks the part, but isn’t balanced etc.

Pick your poison, looks or utility

Yep.. i had that one for a while as well before I got my studio desk.

I’m actually looking to sell it if you’re interested!

Attachments

• 49D05ED8-3C56-43D8-BBA5-9842EA1E225E.jpeg
    49D05ED8-3C56-43D8-BBA5-9842EA1E225E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom