• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Golden Delay Mode

Fractal Fanatic
The only downside is that the Golden-ratio timing would be tied to Tempo. As with straight delay, that may or may not be what you want.
I normally lock all my delays to tempo but that's a good point for those who don't. Plus side of golden tempos is they could be used in any block that supports tempo sync.

Reactions: Rex

Joe Bfstplk

Inspired
What if the caclulation was done with the same ratios, but applied to the mS value, which is, presumably, derived from the tempo, so that it works for all situations?

0.381 × mS
0.618 ×mS
(1) × mS
1.618 × mS

This could, presumably, also capture when tap tempo is used, even with something like a dotted-eighth modifier applied (i.e., you tap quarter notes, but delay in mS is calculated to give a dotted eighth note repeat).

Rex

Legend!
What if the caclulation was done with the same ratios, but applied to the mS value, which is, presumably, derived from the tempo, so that it works for all situations?

0.381 × mS
0.618 ×mS
(1) × mS
1.618 × mS

This could, presumably, also capture when tap tempo is used, even with something like a dotted-eighth modifier applied (i.e., you tap quarter notes, but delay in mS is calculated to give a dotted eighth note repeat).
How would that differ from what @Admin M@ proposed?

Joe Bfstplk

Inspired
Similar to what was proposed in post #5?
Sort-of. I was thinking along the lines of being able to set a preset set of tapped delays set up with the ratios suggested, with the mS being what got modded by the ratios, so whether tempo or fixed mS were used, it would still provide the same pattern of delay time ratios automagically.

Rex

Legend!
Sort-of. I was thinking along the lines of being able to set a preset set of tapped delays set up with the ratios suggested, with the mS being what got modded by the ratios, so whether tempo or fixed mS were used, it would still provide the same pattern of delay time ratios automagically.
You're thinking of something like a golden mode, where you set one delay value and the rest follow, right?

Fractal Fanatic
@Kamil Kisiel is correct - we can already get golden delay times using the ratio in stereo delay types (see vid below).

My original request is for a delay type with these settings already dialled in, for users who want to plug and play (as @Rex just suggested). Having access to "golden" tempos would be pretty awesome in addition to this.

Joe Bfstplk

Inspired
You're thinking of something like a golden mode, where you set one delay value and the rest follow, right?
Precisely. Applied to whatever mS the delay line is set for, either by patch tempo, tap tempo, or just dialing up 450mS and hitting the save button.

Top Bottom