Gojira "Wolf Down the Earth" Match EQ For AxeFX II. Patch Included!

I just tried the preset and it doesnt sound near to your soundcloud clip.
Are you using a FRFR setup ?
Maybe you have a global EQ ?
Is it a 5.07 patch ?

Here the preset sounds really crisp :(

I just tried the preset and it doesnt sound near to your soundcloud clip.
Are you using a FRFR setup ?
Maybe you have a global EQ ?
Is it a 5.07 patch ?

Here the preset sounds really crisp :(

What kind of pickups are you using? Your technique will also make a difference.

Jackson JDR94 Concept (SD Fullshred) --> AxeFX II --> KRK Rokit 5:
No global EQ
Yes, 5.07

Keep tweaking it to taste.

I suggest tweaking the tonestack, gain, drive, and gate to preference.

EDIT: The 81 is dramatically different from the Fullshred. The IR/EQ curve that's created from the Match EQ is indicative of the pickups as well.

Think of it this way: When you Match EQ, the process is looking at your tone (minus a cab) and the original tone (including all the processing) and handing you the "difference" of EQ in the form of an IR. So, if a part of the equation is different (ie. pickups) it'll make a pretty good difference.

Last edited:
:) I know you can get a good result if you just take some time and play with the patch, you can do it. Start one setting at a time, and go through the forms several times. I went through this one only about 2x, but when I Match EQ'd Dimebag's Walk tone, I went through the forms about 6-8x.

I'm always here for questions too!

I see this comes with a regular syx file and a cab syx file. How do I load both in?

Here's how I do it:

Open Axe-Edit then Axe-Manage.
On the left side, under "Axe-Edit", drag n' drop the cab.syx to the "Cabs" and drag n' drop the .syx to "Presets". Now they'll be available in Axe-Edit.
Find the preset and send it to a bank in your AxeFX II. Save it to hardware.
Now find the cab.syx right click and copy it.
Under "Axe-FX" in Axe-Edit, click on "User Cabs". Right click on any bank you want to copy it to and "paste". Then right click it and "send (changes only) to axefx"
Now go back to your patch, click on the Cab block, and browse to your user cabs, select the cab.syx and save it.

AMEN to that. I'm really excited about it, especially when I do A|B comparisons. It's going to be VERY interesting to see how Cliff & the team pull it off.

Sounds good man. Did a tone match for this track myself. Although, I am still finding that after deconvolving and importing my custom cab that it doesnt quite sound the same as it does with the ozone plugin actually running on the track. Anybody else experiencing this? Feels like I am losing some of the guts in the mids and fizz in the highs.

I have taking to splitting the signal and recording two tracks, one with the cab and one without, that way I can process the no-cab track later in the mix with ozone.

^
Yes, I too experience that, which is why I've been doing a bit of post-tweaking

VERY clever. Post your clips and patch/IR!

I took a stab at this about a week ago on ver5.04

This is with Ozone 5 right on the cab-less guitar track.

First half is the original, second half is my attempt at it.

Back
Top Bottom