FM3 Gojira - Magma sound

Fenris

Inspired
Hi there,

It was a long time I didnt post anything here. I have been playing around last month with my brand new FM3 and well, we all should know it is awesome. Thing is that I was testing some amps and I ended up creating different presets that reminded me different bands... and, for testing one of them, I recorded this video. I think that I could have spend some more time picking a better IR, but I think that in any case, sounds very close to the original sound. What do you think?

Preset can be found at Axe-Change: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9073

Thanks for checking it!

It's pretty damn close! Maybe a little dip in the lower mids to tighten it up a pinch but that's pretty damn close!

The thing I love the most about the original is that spanky Tele sound that comes in during the chorus. I wonder if they used an actual Tele or it was just Joe dialing the gain back on his.

Tight work!

It's pretty damn close! Maybe a little dip in the lower mids to tighten it up a pinch but that's pretty damn close!

The thing I love the most about the original is that spanky Tele sound that comes in during the chorus. I wonder if they used an actual Tele or it was just Joe dialing the gain back on his.

Tight work!
Thank you. Also, I think it sounds more compressed in the album. In the chorus I just dialed the gain down to 1.5 or 2, to imitate that sound

Hi there,

It was a long time I didnt post anything here. I have been playing around last month with my brand new FM3 and well, we all should know it is awesome. Thing is that I was testing some amps and I ended up creating different presets that reminded me different bands... and, for testing one of them, I recorded this video. I think that I could have spend some more time picking a better IR, but I think that in any case, sounds very close to the original sound. What do you think?

Preset can be found at Axe-Change: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9073

Thanks for checking it!

Sounds GREAT !

Hi there,

Thanks for checking it!

What IR did you use ?

I am not familiar with the band or song so I can’t comment on the authenticity, but it sounds awesome!! Nice job.👍

I‘m assuming there some sort of pitch shifting happening and being controlled by a pedal?

Hey, sorry, I thought direct was direct to FRFR. I mean, no external amp, no cab, no nothing. Is just the output of the FM3. What option should I have select?

Regarding the IR, is a Ownhammer OH 412 EDVH SHF, basically because I read that they used this Cab. Also, notice that the AMP block is a 5153 50W Blue but I switched the power tubes to EL34, among other small things.

Hey, sorry, I thought direct was direct to FRFR. I mean, no external amp, no cab, no nothing. Is just the output of the FM3. What option should I have select?

Regarding the IR, is a Ownhammer OH 412 EDVH SHF, basically because I read that they used this Cab. Also, notice that the AMP block is a 5153 50W Blue but I switched the power tubes to EL34, among other small things.
You are correct for some reason when you use the drop down window it says direct/FRFR but yours just said direct which makes it look like to me direct to an amp. it's straight now carry on.

Tight work!
Sounds excellent, and I agree with this comment.
That bit of mid range spank, and slightly less gain, during the chorus - really makes that part of the song for me.

Back
Top Bottom