Gojira - Into the Storm

I’ll only listen to new Gojira on good speakers because it deserves it. Can’t wait to check this out when I get home. I was lukewarm to the first two singles, but the last one was pretty good. These guys are already on my ‘buy every album’ list and I can’t wait to hear the whole thing. One of the few bands I get really excited about new music from.

I loved the first three from the gate, this one took about 2 plays to grow on me.

I’m gonna have to check it out into Sauvage

Last edited:
Have been a fan for like over 10 years. The new songs really don't grow on me, I don't know what it is. They feel way more plain than previous albums. The grooves are great and Mario is carrying the band nicely but that's it.
I guess I will have to let the album run on repeat in the car, when it comes out

Have been a fan for like over 10 years. The new songs really don't grow on me, I don't know what it is. They feel way more plain than previous albums. The grooves are great and Mario is carrying the band nicely but that's it.
I guess I will have to let the album run on repeat in the car, when it comes out
Which is funny because the past 2 albums haven't done much for me - when I heard the 2 new songs, I was like, YES !! they are back !
Different strokes I guess !

Which is funny because the past 2 albums haven't done much for me - when I heard the 2 new songs, I was like, YES !! they are back !
Different strokes I guess !
I was just trying to put it into words, in my head. I think the old albums were more raw, more wild. The new one sounds so clean and just overproduced. I am longing for something that makes me say "That's way too heavy". Maybe I just got lost somewhere along the way. I am still a bit upset about Magma I think

I quite liked it! Maybe my favorite of the singles yet.

Wish they would have came back in for a pummeling at the very end though.

Was just talking about the kick drum feet and guitar right hand syncopation with my friend. Has a Meshuggah "Bleed" vibe to it.

I have always been a fan of their guitar tone. It's really airy and open, almost like there's reverb on it.

Side Note - Last year, my girlfriend surprised me with tickets for us to see them and Deftones. Then the daggum 'Rona happened. :(

Back
Top Bottom