going price for an ultra

ashenriff

Hello all,
Just curious for those who recently sold their ultra, if you don't mind sharing what you got for it. I am going to sell mine and I've seen prices range from $1200-1899. I'm trying to get a feel for what a fair price to ask for.

I know price == what ever some one will pay. But I'd like to sell it quickly and not overshoot. I'm thinking $1400 is a good ave price.

Cool, thanks for sharing. That is a good idea. I do plan on getting the II (like many), but that is good to sell the stuff like a midi sport, midi cable, etc, that I won't be needing after I get the II. Thanks for the idea.

Do a completed items search on ebay... The range you stated above is pretty accurate. From a recent check, I'd say they're averaging around $1550?

I believe that is what helped me to sell mine as well, putting enough stuff in there to make sure that they were ready to go when they opened the package. I also burned a disc with all the apps, manuals, any drivers and put together a guide to get started. I asked the buyer what they had as far as gear and how they wanted to connect it up and included a step by step on doing that and then assisted them via email afterwards as well.

I mean if you can buy the same thing for the same price from two people who are you going to choose? The guy who takes the money and runs or the one who's willing to help you afterwards?

I have seen them go anywhere from 1,000 to 1,800. I have been following the prices as I was going to get rid of mine too since it wasn’t getting used and seemed a shame just sitting here all lonely watching me play with his cousin. Though I really hate parting with it for sentimental reasons I just last week decided to donate it to a group that supplies disabled vets aspiring to become musicians with equipment they might otherwise not be able to afford.

I just boxed it up but think I will follow Sasha’s lead and create a support type package to go with it. Great idea Sasha! Thanks for the inspiration!

All great advice. Thanks for sharing. I know sometimes people don't want to say what they got and stuff like that, so I (and probably many others) appreciate the comments.

Thanks guys. I offered up the my midi sport 2x2, midi cables, USB cable and burned all the software to a CD and offered it up for the average price I found ($1500). I was lucky enough to sell my Ultra for that $1500 in about 24 hours to a good dude in another forum. That along with a couple of cabs (sold locally on craigslist) I wasn't using any longer and I have enough to get the Axe-Fx II. And I think the guy got a good deal and hopefully someone else we can welcome to the Axe community. So win win for everyone.

I'm up to page 125 in the Axe II manual...can't wait to get my hands on it...

I have seen them go anywhere from 1,000 to 1,800. I have been following the prices as I was going to get rid of mine too since it wasn’t getting used and seemed a shame just sitting here all lonely watching me play with his cousin. Though I really hate parting with it for sentimental reasons I just last week decided to donate it to a group that supplies disabled vets aspiring to become musicians with equipment they might otherwise not be able to afford.

I just boxed it up but think I will follow Sasha’s lead and create a support type package to go with it. Great idea Sasha! Thanks for the inspiration!

I think that was the most awesome story I've heard for the year! :) thanks for sharing, and power and respect to you! ;)

I think the Ultra's resale benefits from the fact that the Axe2 is $600 more expensive than the Ultra was when it was the latest and greatest. I'm counting on around $1500 when it comes time to sell mine.

Sold mine for $1675 on ebay last week to a great buyer.

Too many sellers don't do their homework or panic so they end up needlessly selling low.

Unfortunately this kills the resell value.

Just sold mine for $1695 shipped with a Midi sport 2x2 and a high quality midi cable. Sold within 48 hours.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

just last week decided to donate it to a group that supplies disabled vets aspiring to become musicians with equipment they might otherwise not be able to afford.
Cool cobbler! I remember when hurricane katrina hit and some of the people moved up by us. And there was commercials locally to help out. I had no money but I had 2 Flying V's. So I took one straight to the office where the people were staying and offered one with case for any musician who may of lost a guitar. They said "we don't want it, you have any cash?" :eek:

Anyways... I've sold two Ultras average price around $1600 rather quickly.

Good luck

Reactions: jon
Don't sell it too low because that will set the stage for the rest of us if we decide to sell our ultras. Similar to the housing market:(

I think the stage has already been set by the hundreds of ultras that have been sold over the past year already.....

IMO - a long as there is waiting list you can/should get $1600 + for it. I sold mine to a former student locally for $1600 with a midisport 2x2 and midi cables. I still have my midisport Ann. just in case......

Sold mine for $1534 on 02-04-2012 in less than 4 hours. There's still a strong demand out there if your unit is in good shape. Mine had been racked since new with rubber backed washers, so it was spotless. Great machine, I played a lot of gigs with that box!

By the way, I confess to being a hopeless gear nut. I do have need for some of the new Axe II functions (the X/Y and A/B/C/D controls especially), but I was far, far from wearing out the Ultra's capabilities. Don't be bashful about sticking with it if it's working for you. It's still an elite piece of workmanship.

I just bought one for $1550 shipped. The guy negotiated with me a bit. I wouldn't sell for less than $1500. You should be able to get rid of it within a few days if it's priced around there.

Back
Top Bottom