going live tomorrow and have some questions !

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
Hi i'm going live tomorrow with my axe fx rig, I have:

axe fx 2 10.11
artcoustica ss power amp
marshall 4x12 cabinet loaded with 4 eminence speakers; 2 x governor 2 x the wizard.

now when I play without cabinet modeling on the speakers sound hizzy, overgained and uncontrolled. WITH cabinet mod. on it stays tamed but alot darker than the wanted sound but without the fizzing.

okay what am I doing wrong? please tell me!

another thing how do i set all my patches to be the same level. I really think that the downside of the axe is all the different level knobs. a recent example: I put a synth in parallel with amp block and put it into PEQ and the outpust just bashed up.

thank you!

If you mean playing a gig, you don't sound ready for that. Rehearsal, ok.

If you have a speaker and power amp, turn off the speaker modeling in the global (that way you don't have to do it for each patch), and you might have to tweak some to fix the difference between the IR model and your real speaker. Unless you shot an IR of your cab, I doubt it will sound the same. I agree you don't sound ready yet... i'd play with it some more at rehearsal or you are likely to be unhappy at the gig.

In terms of patch levels, try to only limit yourself to less than 4 patches if possible. 1 with scenes, can be just as powerful. This way you avoid having to go back and forth to level adjust. If not, get a meter that can measure the DB's you are pushing, thats the scientific way to find out. I have never really heard of anyone playing with cab sims on, but to each their own. The sound might be hissy and overdriven because you are very close to the cabinet, but A/B to a real amp and you might be surprised at the result. If all else fails, start from a stock patch with an amp you like and build out from there.

yeah its a gig :)

Maybe the difference from the IR's are so huge from the real deal that I need to tweak all over. But that's insane :S

Back
Top Bottom