Going direct and using a amp live question.

shadoe

Experienced
I've read the wiki and the manual and have done a few google searches and can't find a thing (or if I found it, I didn't understand it i suppose).

I know you can run everything in stereo and have the same sound coming out of both left and right. However what I'm looking to do is run a separate amp and block to the foh and then run a separate chain to my amp.

Thanks in advance!

I've read the wiki and the manual and have done a few google searches and can't find a thing (or if I found it, I didn't understand it i suppose).

I know you can run everything in stereo and have the same sound coming out of both left and right. However what I'm looking to do is run a separate amp and block to the foh and then run a separate chain to my amp.

Thanks in advance!

I would also like to know. Just off hand I would say, run a first row out to the output at the far right, using an amp and cab. This gets routed to the FOH. Branch off to a second row, like the next row down. This would be just before the amp model of that first row, if using an actual real life guitar amp, or just after the amp model of that row if using a real life non-guitar power amp but playing into real life guitar cabs; after the last block in that second row you create an fx send. You then route the FX send into your guitar amp or power amp.

I would like to be corrected if this is wrong please.

Pretty much what jesussaddle said. IF you want two separate chains, then build two separate chains in the grid. Let one chain end all the way to the right (Output 1), and let the other chain end on a FXL block (output 2)

Just put the FX loop block (Output 2) where you want to tap from. Notice in my signature, I use a SS amp so I put it after the amp block. You would want to tap it off the chain before the amp block if you were using a tube amp so there would be no amp or cam sim applied to output 2. You may have to duplicate effects on both chains to get the same effects to Output 1 and 2, or you could run one dry and the other wet ... so many options at your finger tips :)

Back
Top Bottom