Going Crypto

electronpirate

Axe-Master
In a 'oh, what the hell, give it a try' mood, I picked up a grand of cryptocurrency.

I may regret it, but at this point, it might be the safest place to hold a bit of cash.

R

A contrived currency with no backing, no value, no market, no trade, and no economy of any kind, associated with it is the biggest troll of all time. The paper in a board game box has more tangible value.

the Cash app by square lets you do "micro stocks" and buy bitcoin. i bought some dollar's worth just to say i have some. neat stuff. we'll see how it all works out.

If you like cryptocurrency.... then you should invest in PayPal. I've done very well in it, I use it, I like the experience, they offer you protection...and Elon Musk was involved in it...
Cryptocurrency is an alternative payment system beyond banking... like PayPal.... but PayPal uses the system, so the system will never interfere with that system.

This thread abboutta turn mad political yo
I reckon that guy who did the 2nd post might have had something to do with it. 🤔

If you like cryptocurrency.... then you should invest in PayPal. I've done very well in it, I use it, I like the experience, they offer you protection...and Elon Musk was involved in it...
Cryptocurrency is an alternative payment system beyond banking... like PayPal.... but PayPal uses the system, so the system will never interfere with that system.

Except when you say things the System doesn't like. There have been people who got banned from paypal for saying things. And I don't mean Alex Jones kind of stuff.

Paypal has served me well so far, but do I like it? It's one more thing that puts you at the mercy of the tech giants. The one thing I like about crypto currencies is that the System has no grip on it. Yet.

I bought $20 worth of bitcoin for funsies a while ago. It grew to $2000 then fell to $700. Then one day I check and I have $0 balance, and the news says there’s been a series of hacks since I last checked the account. I dunno how it got hacked, the whole selling point is that it’s unhackable and secure, dunno.

Muammar tried to create his own currency..backed by gold... and the idea didn't go over well.
The Winklevoss brothers are involved.. and similar folk... except their not really folk. I'm sure these folk.. have some inside pull... with the system

Last edited:
I noticed the IRS (or at least the tax program I use)asks if you traded in crypto on this year’s tax return. Thought that was odd. It might have been there before, but I didn’t notice it.

No personal interest in it, but no issue with those who do. I have to stick with what I know. ”Don’t go chasing waterfalls...” A little T-Boz, Chilli, and Left Eye reminder for me.

No one knows who owns it, or founded it.... that's the basis in which a currency could be founded on- anything else is bullshit.

Is a US dollar worth something? maybe yes maybe no- but we at least have 20 trillion in military behind it

Yeah, people shitting on US dollar need to remember that it's sort of like a share of stock. Except the "company" is the United States. And yes, the United States can issue more stock, just like a company can, and sell it to investors, who, thus far have been more than willing to buy, because US economy is the envy of the world, and that ain't changing in the foreseeable future. So as inflated as it is, it has tangible assets and economic output behind it.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, has bupkis behind it. I mined it years ago when it was profitable, but it fundamentally is a figment of people's imagination with no tangible assets of any kind backing it.

In a 'oh, what the hell, give it a try' mood, I picked up a grand of cryptocurrency.

I may regret it, but at this point, it might be the safest place to hold a bit of cash.

R

Good for you. Not sure about it being the "safest" place though, but it is a great way to diversify. For me it was a huge eye opener about the world, economy and politics. I dont need a crooked entity to tell me what I can and cant do with my own stuff.

I bought $20 worth of bitcoin for funsies a while ago. It grew to $2000 then fell to $700. Then one day I check and I have $0 balance, and the news says there’s been a series of hacks since I last checked the account. I dunno how it got hacked, the whole selling point is that it’s unhackable and secure, dunno.

The most secure way to own it is in self-custody at this stage, with a backup seed phrase. Keeping it on a dodgy exchange or an app for an extended period is often not going to end well. Thats why crypto is simply not suitable for most people.

Back
Top Bottom