Goin' straight into the PA tonight... first time...

flyingfadr

Power User
I put my Ultra in my rack, and am going straight into the PA tonight... no amp... no cabs... I wouldn't really call it FLAT response, cuz the monitors are Peavey, but am looking into the QSC K12 for the NEXT show... will run it in floor monitor position, but getting a tap off the full mix, as we have not sound man, and I run it from the side next to me...

Made a few presets that sound pretty sweet, and the added low end of the stage monitors made it actually sound a little sweeter... a preset with intelligent harmonizer for the Boston stuff...

The Ultra is in the same rack as my smaller rig ( Chameleon and Mesa 295, and X2 wireless) so I brought a 2x12 "just in case"... but it should sound sweet tonight... will let ya know..

If you're playing through shared monitors remember to play for the mix of instruments and don't hog the PA with just your sound! :)

LOL !! Yeah, I've been a recording engineer for many years, so I mixed guitar in just loud enough to hear it below the vocals... They actually asked for MORE !! :)
everyone was VERY happy with the new setup, and finally being able to hear guitar.

Thanks to my new fried Jason for coming out and helping me with a few tips on the ultra !!

Have a new qsc k12 on the way... Will post how it sounds after it arrives .

Good to hear of your success! I've posted this on a few other threads, but one 'trick' I like to do is have a monitor on one side of me with the entire band mix and my own monitor on the other side with just my guitar. I can then mix how much of 'me' I hear based on whether I lean to the left or to the right. During the majority of the song I like to blend in, but for the solos I like to hear myself above everything else.

Cheers,

-AL

Hey Al,

Cool idea !! If the K12 sounds good with the Ultra, I may pick up a 2nd one and run it with that setup.

I was pleasantly surprised how much more "meaty" it sounded through the monitors... now if I can only get MORE gain on my lead preset... I will try the boost thing tonight...

flyingfadr said:
Hey Al,

Cool idea !! If the K12 sounds good with the Ultra, I may pick up a 2nd one and run it with that setup.

I was pleasantly surprised how much more "meaty" it sounded through the monitors... now if I can only get MORE gain on my lead preset... I will try the boost thing tonight...

One thing you may want to try if a drive block doesn't work for you is to link ether an A/I or CC pedal to the gain paramiter in the amp your using.

the k12 WILL sound good with your axe fx. i wanna sell my eon515 and get some k10s :)

so go ahead and get that 2nd one already haha

Back
Top Bottom