Godsmack Bulletproof Intro effect

Spawn2031

Inspired
Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty in recreating the effect on the guitar in the very beginning of this song. Anyone have ideas / pointers?

Multiple guitars from what I hear one (maybe 2) guitar being brought up in mix while also fading in feedback from another.

Edit:

Listening again with headphones (not iPad speakers), I think @Tom Morris has got you covered...

Last edited:
Sounds to me like a filter sweep then half way through that a phaser swells in. You could assign both of these to an expression pedal to get the job done. I would start with that main heavy guitar toned and make two scenes. Scene 2 being the full on heavy tone and scene 1 for that entro effect. Use X/Y on the amp block, Y being for scene 2 and X for scene 1. On scene 1 copy Y to X and lower the amp mixer level just a bit then add filter and phaser blocks. Set the expression pedal to sweep the Freq of the filter block. Again set the expression pedal to adjust mix of the phaser block starting mid way of the pedal sweep. I guess you could also do it with an envelope follower as the controller rather than manually with an expression pedal. For me I'm old school, I like more hands on control as much as possible so I would use an expression pedal.

Last edited:
This sounds like a pretty good idea and since it's all happening as the guitar is fading in, I could further add a volume block using the same controller to have it do all of what you pasted as the volume is swelling to full on.... right?

This sounds like a pretty good idea and since it's all happening as the guitar is fading in, I could further add a volume block using the same controller to have it do all of what you pasted as the volume is swelling to full on.... right?

You could but then how would you turn off the phaser. I’m not very schooled in using the envelope follower not sure if it can do its thing for just the time needed for the phaser affect then turn off the phaser. Also the entro affect isn’t quite as load as the next part so If it were me I would do another scene. That’s the beauty of Axe FX many different ways too accomplish the same result. Build it however it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom