Goal at the moment is to use finger style

Bcraig

Inspired
But I am looking to create the preset
a Clean preset tone setting that has very dynamic sound that responds well to the touch
so I can slowly develop very LIGHT TOUCH on my strat electric guitar

Question in AXE Edit what are all the specific parameters I need to look at that can help me shape very dynamic sound that responds well to the touch ?

I have the axe fx 2 xl +

a Clean preset tone setting that has very dynamic sound that responds well to the touch

Question in AXE Edit what are all the specific parameters I need to look at that can help me shape very dynamic sound that responds well to the touch ?

I have the axe fx 2 xl +
heads up, you've posted in the Axe3 section, not the Axe2 section. a moderator will probably move this for you at some point.

honestly, the key to learning how to play dynamically is to have the actual volume in the room set loud. if you are quiet or using headphones, you don't have the physical range of volume to be quiet vs loud.

so just turn up. then play quietly. just this will get you very close to what you want already.

heads up, you've posted in the Axe3 section, not the Axe2 section. a moderator will probably move this for you at some point.

honestly, the key to learning how to play dynamically is to have the actual volume in the room set loud. if you are quiet or using headphones, you don't have the physical range of volume to be quiet vs loud.

so just turn up. then play quietly. just this will get you very close to what you want already.

opps my bad sorry
do I need to post this in axe 2 forum ?

Personally, I find that the silver face Twin is extremely dynamic when run clean. So that might be a good starting place.
You can increase some of the responsiveness by increasing Sag.

Also, there's a dynamics section for the preamp, you can play with that.

Personally, I find that the silver face Twin is extremely dynamic when run clean. So that might be a good starting place.

I play fingerstyle; the Twin is my usual amp. It's so cool to be able to get the "feel" of a Twin in a 12'x20' room without making my ears bleed. ;)

Other amps that I've found "pair well" with fingerstyle playing include the Tweed Deluxe and one of the Trainwrecks (I think it was the Rocket; I rarely use it).

Mostly, though, I find that the amp has very little to do with being able to conrol your playing dynamics, so long as you stay away from amps that feature heavily-saturated distortion.

The important thing, IMO, is to set the gain to match your touch (in order to be able to go from clean-ish with a light touch to dirty with a heavier touch), then work on developing both your lighter and heavier touch.

Volume helps with sustain, for sure, but it's not strictly necessary. I record live using IEMs in order to keep guitar sound out of the drum mics. I get plenty of sustain by making sure my guitar is set up appropriately (very low action kills sustain) and by using compression and overdrive to push the amp when I want more sustain than I can get from fingers and guitar.

You can increase some of the responsiveness by increasing Sag.

Also, there's a dynamics section for the preamp, you can play with that.
Thanks StickMan for some specific parameter much appreciated I will try those here soon and get back

I play fingerstyle; the Twin is my usual amp. It's so cool to be able to get the "feel" of a Twin in a 12'x20' room without making my ears bleed. ;)

Other amps that I've found "pair well" with fingerstyle playing include the Tweed Deluxe and one of the Trainwrecks (I think it was the Rocket; I rarely use it).

Mostly, though, I find that the amp has very little to do with being able to conrol your playing dynamics, so long as you stay away from amps that feature heavily-saturated distortion.

The important thing, IMO, is to set the gain to match your touch (in order to be able to go from clean-ish with a light touch to dirty with a heavier touch), then work on developing both your lighter and heavier touch.

Volume helps with sustain, for sure, but it's not strictly necessary. I record live using IEMs in order to keep guitar sound out of the drum mics. I get plenty of sustain by making sure my guitar is set up appropriately (very low action kills sustain) and by using compression and overdrive to push the amp when I want more sustain than I can get from fingers and guitar.

Thanks TieDyedDevil
I donot think I have not tried that Twin or Tweed Deluxe I will give that

Thanks Chris appreciate that I will try as well

I have the axe fx 2 xl +
You probably would prefer a real amp for that as the axe has a wall that takes the dynamics out of supper light picking
Try my preset of axe change the most dynamic patch ever

Thanks Tpj1333 for the tip but I live in a small apartment

Do You have a link to Your most dynamic patch ever

I would like to definitely try it

Back
Top Bottom