Go to amp for HSS guitars

TrickRichards

Inspired
Just curious what others are using for their super strat style guitars. Generally, I’ve been using the USA Pre for super clean, Cory Wong style cleans, Vibroverb for gritty clean-mid gain, and the Friedman HBE 2018 for high gain. Also, just put a couple of 470k resistors in for my single coils and that seems to have really helped balance out the pickups with the humbucker. Anyone else experimented with that?

I find the Dirty Shirley really nails some classic sounds, but it’s missing something. Had a lot of fun with the Archon today, really dig it for both single coil and humbuckers. All that being said, I gotta say the one that is now my current favorite is the FAS Crunch! Love the midrange, love the clarity, love the versatility! Still have more to explore but this one can clearly cover a LOT of territory. I’ll definitely check out the nuclear tone as well, thanks for all the suggestions!

I find the Dirty Shirley really nails some classic sounds, but it’s missing something. Had a lot of fun with the Archon today, really dig it for both single coil and humbuckers. All that being said, I gotta say the one that is now my current favorite is the FAS Crunch! Love the midrange, love the clarity, love the versatility! Still have more to explore but this one can clearly cover a LOT of territory. I’ll definitely check out the nuclear tone as well, thanks for all the suggestions!

Which cab IR are you using with the FAS Crunch please ?

Last edited:
I think the Brit 70s GB 313 B works really well for this one. Let me know what ya think.

Just tried this with my Les Paul Standard and it sounds absolutely glorious. Reset the amp block, put an 8K high cut in the cab block, a big London plate reverb and a TS808 in the front.

Absolutely stellar - my favourite crunch channel now ... thanks again for the tip.

What IR's are you using with the Nuclear Tone?
I've been playing around with blending IRs and am currently using this recipe:

The mix I've been using lately is: 1X12 Nuclear Tone 121 B ( 0 dB), 1X12 Nuclear Tone 160 Rear (-5.0 dB), WGS Retro 30 Mix ( 0 dB ).
The WGS Retro 30 is huge part of the tone and it can be found here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wgs-retro-30-free-ir.128249/

I've attached a basic preset I threw together as a template for the Nuclear Tone model, Cab block Channel A has the recipe described above. I've only tweaked Scene 1 to some degree so don't expect a ready-to-use preset, that's not the intent for sharing.

Attachments

• JoKeR III Nuclear Tone.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
For some reason the preset didn't show up on my laptop. Reattached to original reply and here as well.

Attachments

• JoKeR III Nuclear Tone.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom