GNR - Night Train

There you go guys.
Sorry I can't upload the cab since it's OwnHammer propriety (I bought the Heavy Hitters pack which is awesome).

Attachments

• Appetite for Destruction.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 99
There you go guys.
Sorry I can't upload the cab since it's OwnHammer propriety (I bought the Heavy Hitters pack which is awesome).

Which Ownhammer cab is it? I have nearly every one of their cab packs is why I ask. I want to see if I have the one you used.....

Which Ownhammer cab is it? I have nearly every one of their cab packs is why I ask. I want to see if I have the one you used.....

Hi - It's the OH 412 MAR V30 which can be found on the Heavy Hitters pack.
I set it stereo, low cut 37 hz, high cut 8300 hz. Hard pan (100%) with a slight 0.03 ms delay on the right cab.
Hope this helps.

Hi - It's the OH 412 MAR V30 which can be found on the Heavy Hitters pack.
I set it stereo, low cut 37 hz, high cut 8300 hz. Hard pan (100%) with a slight 0.03 ms delay on the right cab.
Hope this helps.

Cool, but which mic/mix/quick start IR did you use??

You can find this IR following this route:
Heavy Hitters/single cabs/summary/OH 412 MAR V30.wav

Yeah, I get that...... but then inside those Speaker folders there are an array of mic options....... I was just wondering what mic option he used, or what mix option he used, or what quick start option he used, or if he made a custom mix on his own using CabLab...... There are over 9000 individual files in that Heavy Hitters Pack. It's not just 1 file per speaker per cab!!!

Follow this path and you Will find the ir.
Yeah the amount of archives is massive but there are 2 generic folders: Quick Start and single cabs/summary.

The short file name belongs to a basic Meat and potatoes approach capturing the ir.
You can be happy keeping things simple or you can go deep and try the advanced stuff.

Hey, thanks for posting the preset, it sounds fantastic. I've been trying to get a good GNR tone for years. I love how you set it up. I also like how quiet the patch is, it doesn't look like you even did anything in the gate, how did you get it so quiet?
Thank you for the kind words.
The patch is quiet since I didn't use a lot of gain.
We sometime precept the sound in our head as if it is heavy gained but actually slash, evh and other great artist don't hit to much gain and most of the sustain and sound is bursting from their fingers and technique.
Really glad you dig it.

Back
Top Bottom