GM unveils a radically new Corvette

If I recall correctly, that was one of the original marketing points. It was part of prize package for the first season of survivor and played on that point.

But by the time BB came out, it was also the perfect vehicle to illustrate just how low a man of Walt's intelligence had sunk.

Edit: not to question your friends intelligence, but rather that Walt didn't intend to live in it.
Oddly coincidental, I just saw this on the Aztek Wikipedia page:

The Aztek was styled under the direction of Tom Peters, who would later design the Chevrolet Corvette (C7).

Now if only Cliff has some pimped out Aztec in his stable of toy's...He could cruise to Namm...and quietly and calmly walk to the the podium unannounced...And stare at the Amp vendors for a very awkward moment of silence until he finally say's "Say my Name"...

Surely someone can whip that gif up Right?

Last edited:
Where is the Corvette part?

I know what you’re saying but when you think about it, the same could be said as each new generation of Corvette came out, Think about the big change from the 60’s to the 70’s, then the 70’s to the 80’s, etc. Grant it, this new generation is very different from previous Corvette’s and more similar to a Ferrari, see the pic. I posted. However, if you look at the back of the new Corvette, in particular the tail lights, I think it”s still recognizable as a Corvette.

Times and tastes change, that’s why there are car collectors and why as the cars get older and harder to find, they increase in value. :)

Blasphemy is people hating on the Miata who haven’t tracked one. The Miata is easily one of the greatest cars ever designed. I’d take a Miata over any vette at the track. Very hard to beat from a pure driving standpoint, and as you said, just so much fun, like nearly shifter kart level fun at the track.

The vette always get’s the “best bang for the buck” designation vs. the exotics, and rightfully so... but from a pure driving (track) standpoint, I can’t think of a better bang for the buck than the Miata (excluding karts).

I've ridden in a number of Trabant's over the years - they may be made out of paper but they've got more leg room than a Miata. Then again, a Miata has a gas gauge. Tradeoffs...

I see y’all have forgotten automotive triumphs like the Gremlin, the Thing, or the K-Car.

My dad had a gift for buying stupid cars.

He had a Pacer - we called it the terrarium on wheels. He was rear-ended by a garbage truck. Subtle hint ya think?

Then he had a few Fiats - they all sucked. But he had this terrible bright red 4 door box looking thing that was always in the shop for service - we called that one Mussolini's revenge. I still remember helping my dad install the 8-track player in it.

Then he bought a K-Car. It didn't have a stereo. At all. The back windows didn't roll down (maybe they did like an inch or two). I think it didn't even have AC. When I was old enough to drive, I decided to test it's off road capabilities. It did better than you'd think. It did some serious off roading near the McLean VA police department - who knew all that land was theirs? The K-Car did not get a name. It was not deserving.

Then he bought a Chevette. This was to become my ride. While this '79 Vette was not quite the off roading monster that the K-Car was, it did a fine job of driving on the resort golf course that my best friend worked at. As it turns out, even a Chevette can do donuts on a putting green.

Family that attends my church who is famous for modding cars/supercars, they own Hennessey Performance, can't wait to see what they do with it.

they actually designed and built their own as well

Those wheel well clearances imply the harshest ride imaginable. Which is good on a racetrack (and very photogenic), but unbearable anywhere else.

Reactions: jon
New 'vette LGTM though. Might have to check it out before the commies ban V8's and blowjobs.

I've ridden in a number of Trabant's over the years - they may be made out of paper but they've got more leg room than a Miata. Then again, a Miata has a gas gauge. Tradeoffs...

Your not wrong, I'm 6 2' and while I can tolerate it at the track, I couldn't as a daily driver. My son races kart's and I wanted to get him one for track day's/ autocross as well as his daily driver...but he ruined it by growing taller than me.

He had a Pacer - we called it the terrarium on wheels. He was rear-ended by a garbage truck. Subtle hint ya think?

Then he had a few Fiats - they all sucked. But he had this terrible bright red 4 door box looking thing that was always in the shop for service - we called that one Mussolini's revenge. I still remember helping my dad install the 8-track player in it.

Then he bought a K-Car. It didn't have a stereo. At all. The back windows didn't roll down (maybe they did like an inch or two). I think it didn't even have AC. When I was old enough to drive, I decided to test it's off road capabilities. It did better than you'd think. It did some serious off roading near the McLean VA police department - who knew all that land was theirs? The K-Car did not get a name. It was not deserving.

Then he bought a Chevette. This was to become my ride. While this '79 Vette was not quite the off roading monster that the K-Car was, it did a fine job of driving on the resort golf course that my best friend worked at. As it turns out, even a Chevette can do donuts on a putting green.

That's quite a list of specimen's.

I'm not one to talk though, Mom had a "Fix It Again Tony" when I was a kid...shockingly bad. I've had guitars stay in tune longer.

Ahhh the rides of youth. Great memories Tim. My first car was a puke green DKW. I paid $1 dollar for it. It was worth every penny. It had a column shifter held together with bailing wire. Bench seat that was perfect for a young man. Then I traded it for a Carman Gia convertible. I was officially badass.

Corvettes look awesome. The C1-C3 are brilliant classics. Then there were the C4s. It was the 80s. Not bad, but my least favorite. They have still stood the test of time better than mullets and Axl's voice. They began to redeem themselves with the C5. The C6s were completely back on track. The C7s look awesome. And this new mid-engine looks killer to me.

Your not wrong, I'm 6 2' and while I can tolerate it at the track, I couldn't as a daily driver. My son races kart's and I wanted to get him one for track day's/ autocross as well as his daily driver...but he ruined it by growing taller than me.

You can pick up a fair amount room by doing some seat foam surgery. It all depends on what model, but I went from pretty snug with my thighs nearly touching the steering wheel to comfortable by carving up some foam. I'm 6'0" and this was in an NA. You can pick up even more with the right racing seat. I may not be the best judge on super plush comfort though, as I did daily drive a Spec Miata for a few months and didn't think it was that bad...

Back
Top Bottom