GM unveils a radically new Corvette

I owned a 1999 Miata. It was a fantastically fun car to drive. It was like it was on rails.

When I used to race SCAA Solo II auto-cross events the Miata's always blew away any car, from any class

Speaking of which.... anyone seen the new Miata ? Looks pretty cool as well

Should I post a pic of my amazing 2011 Scion xB with 204k miles on it?

I'm sure it will make it around a track ;)
Eventually LOL! :)
Actually, the new Vette looks great although it is an obvious copy of European sports cars but that interior is a massive train wreck! :fearscream:

Great looking car, definitely the supercar vibe, but not the top of the Corvette list for me. The previous generation nailed it in my book; it captured the history and essence of the 'Vette like no other iteration. Truth be told though, it would be hard to pass on a custom '67 convertible.

Eventually LOL! :)
Actually, the new Vette looks great although it is an obvious copy of European sports cars but that interior is a massive train wreck! :fearscream:

I don't think of it as "copy" per se, just that GM was soooo late to the game. Mid engine and wind tunnel data is going to produce similar designs. Kind of like how the Buran looked so much like the space shuttle and the Chinese 5th gen fighters look like the 22 and 35...aerodynamics limit the options.

When I used to race SCAA Solo II auto-cross events the Miata's always blew away any car, from any class

Speaking of which.... anyone seen the new Miata ? Looks pretty cool as well

It does indeed. Have you seen the fiat 124 Spyder, which is basically the Miata dressed in Gucci?
Still take the Miata though personally.

It does indeed. Have you seen the fiat 124 Spyder, which is basically the Miata dressed in Gucci?
Still take the Miata though personally.
I'll disagree here. The 124 is more pleasing to my eye. The 3/4 rear view of the ND is perhaps the most awful thing to ever happen in automotive design.

Ok, that's exaggerating a bit, but it sure isn't pretty. I would rather have the Mazda drivetrain in the 124 though.

Blasphemy is people hating on the Miata who haven’t tracked one. The Miata is easily one of the greatest cars ever designed. I’d take a Miata over any vette at the track. Very hard to beat from a pure driving standpoint, and as you said, just so much fun, like nearly shifter kart level fun at the track.

The vette always get’s the “best bang for the buck” designation vs. the exotics, and rightfully so... but from a pure driving (track) standpoint, I can’t think of a better bang for the buck than the Miata (excluding karts).
perhaps this ? (2018 John Cooper Works Mini Convertible)........(it works for me, but have yet to take mine on the track......)
alp_4795.jpg

I'll disagree here. The 124 is more pleasing to my eye. The 3/4 rear view of the ND is perhaps the most awful thing to ever happen in automotive design.

Ok, that's exaggerating a bit, but it sure isn't pretty. I would rather have the Mazda drivetrain in the 124 though.

Eye of the beholder right? The i3 still gets my vote for worst automotive aesthetic. Agree on the Mazda drive train.

perhaps this ? (2018 John Cooper Works Mini Convertible)........(it works for me, but have yet to take mine on the track......)
View attachment 56659

I assume that's your Florida car? If it is your Chicago car you should take it to the autobahn country club just outside Joliet (really nice place to destroy a set of tires) Road America in Elkhart Lake Wis has track days as well.

Never driven one, but dig the look, must be great in summer with top down on Laksehore...you could even make video like Yngwie's!

Never seen a Pontiac Aztec, then?

Even the coolest dude ever (Walter White) couldn't make that thing acceptable. It was my #1 hated car until the i3, but that may be because I just don't see them anymore...most likely because none of them are still running:tearsofjoy:. I will confess that the i3 is kind of fun to drive though...perhaps we should amend the old joke about mopeds and large women to include the i3?

Even the coolest dude ever (Walter White) couldn't make that thing acceptable. It was my #1 hated car until the i3, but that may be because I just don't see them anymore...most likely because none of them are still running:tearsofjoy:. I will confess that the i3 is kind of fun to drive though...perhaps we should amend the old joke about mopeds and large women to include the i3?
A friend of mine actually bought one (Aztec) a few years ago and lived in it for 5-6 months. He bought it expressly for that purpose and really liked it. Apparently it was actually very well thought out and designed... He did a fair bit of research.

Still doesn't make it pretty, though :)

A friend of mine actually bought one (Aztec) a few years ago and lived in it for 5-6 months. He bought it expressly for that purpose and really liked it. Apparently it was actually very well thought out and designed... He did a fair bit of research.

Still doesn't make it pretty, though :)

If I recall correctly, that was one of the original marketing points. It was part of prize package for the first season of survivor and played on that point.

But by the time BB came out, it was also the perfect vehicle to illustrate just how low a man of Walt's intelligence had sunk.

Edit: not to question your friends intelligence, but rather that Walt didn't intend to live in it.

But by the time BB came out, it was also the perfect vehicle to illustrate just how low a man of Walt's intelligence had sunk.
I always thought it was a great choice for Walter's car to symbolize how low he felt about himself, his lack of accomplishment & his perceived lack of respect. Such a great show in so many ways!

Back
Top Bottom