GM unveils a radically new Corvette

Looks very cool but kind of the typical mid-engine supercar styling so many models share these days...

No doubt performs better but maybe gotten a bit away from the more traditional vette styling.... not sure if that’s a good thing or not

Oh. But they cocked up the cockpit. :|

190718101205-01-new-gm-chevrolet-corvette-exlarge-169.jpg

Finally, the Fiero GT we were hoping for....

Kidding aside, it looks great. The C7 is nice, but this looks amazing. Would love to take one for a spin. Starts under $60k too. That means I can buy a Z51 trim one in maybe five years....

Yes. And a square wheel.

Non round wheels are desired for performance driving, and are usually an upgrade on performance cars (see AMG for one) , or stock on Ferrari’s, cliffs r8 , F1 etc... So I see this as a positive, but seeing as how the average age of a vette owner is now 63...I wonder how much track time they are getting.

Non round wheels are desired for performance driving, and are usually an upgrade on performance cars (see AMG for one) , or stock on Ferrari’s, cliffs r8
No they do not. They have round wheels with flat bottoms. That's a significant difference. I've been driving flat-bottom-wheeled cars for almost a decade now; this is not a flat-bottomed wheel. Those squared off corners on the wheel in this 'vette are not common at all on any type of street car. It's weird. Will likely feel weird sliding through your hand as well.

No they do not. They have round wheels with flat bottoms. That's a significant difference. I've been driving flat-bottom-wheeled cars for almost a decade now; this is not a flat-bottomed wheel. Those squared off corners on the wheel in this 'vette are not common at all on any type of street car. It's weird. Will likely feel weird sliding through your hand as well.

I said "non round" so as to not have to describe all the variants that include flat sections. I agree that it uncommon on "street" cars but if you compare it to the LaFerrari or even the 488, you'll see the geometry is very similar. I'm not a drift or rally guy, but I'm struggling to think of a (desirable) track situation where you would let a wheel "slip through your hand"... especially one with paddle shifters?

Back
Top Bottom