GM unveils a radically new Corvette

Family that attends my church who is famous for modding cars/supercars, they own Hennessey Performance, can't wait to see what they do with it.

they actually designed and built their own as well

The Hennessy vipers were pretty nuts back in the day. Be interesting to see what the lingenfelter/Hennessy/callaways do with this platform. I thought I saw that GM were planning a twin turbo/hybrid model in the neighborhood of 1000 hp down the road, but that may just be speculation.

A Vette is very distinctive in my mind....

I have trouble seeing that car as a Vette.

Outside of that ....it is a cool sports car with cool features.

I tried to trade the prof fate mobile in to test drive one and they all laughed at me..
Went to high school with this rich kid who graduated early and would come back to high school
to pick us up to test drive cars :) his dad was a Doctor and had a 500sl mercedes which he would sneak out
and take to dealerships hahahhaha around Houston and walk in and tell them hes bored with that car and wants to test drive which ever car he could get his greasy hands on to you know TEST DRIVE.. one was a brand new BMW and it Was a 5 speed key word WAS because when he returned that one to dealership he had broken the 5 speed OFF OFF.... As in here take this POS why this came off while I was driving and it nearly killed me and he snatched his keys back and left that 5 SPEED in lot. Then drove my buddy back from north Houston to South I 10 in lunchtime traffic no less and got him back to school just in time to be late of course and usually he would bring the TEST car back to do that and do donuts in the parking lot of the school and flood the campus with burnt rubber smell from roasting the tires off you know the TEST driver he would take them back popping and pinging and just hammered and say Uh I dont like this one THANKS and get his keys back and then leave. That dude was notorious Botsell was the name He would tell everyone he knew oh yea come to to this party its at so and so place which usually was a food place with excellent bar and he would scope the food and bar first then call the party and it would be family re union or some lie and at some point during the party after everyone was well into the 3rd pitcher of Margaritas and open bar and anything you want to eat bwahhahhahaha Botsell would fein finding a bug in his food you know on his birthday or family reunion hahahahha which was now ruined..... he would then raise hell with the management and say hes not paying for the food when it has bugs in it.. and they would call the police of course every time cause the bill was astronomical and meanwhile others would slide on out and leave and we stayed with IDIOT to see this gag through and the ones that stayed all had to empty their wallets which was to pay for the BAR TAB said IDIOT had helped top out at usually around 900 dollars and none of us had any money I had 28 dollars that night and was mortified of going to prison right there in HOUSTON where the cops shoot people like the sun coming up so you cant run everyone else slid away and paid nothing but since a handfull lingered to enjoy the performance which is all Botsell wanted an audience .... :p we would kick in what we had and then were told GTFO but thanks for staying and at least paying the BAR TAB which was barely reached ever if that.... I said thanks alot im broke now and did not expect to spend everything I have for his BIRTHDAY OR FAMILY REUNION party and they said look at it this way where else could you eat and drink that well and long for 28 dollars ??? :) he would order shrimp and steak and you know if they said would you like appetizers YES BRING THIS AND THAT ALSO cause hes not gonna pay for it and from what I saw most of the others just left embarrassed or paid something and with a party of 40 people you cant contain them from leaving not everyone that is and only the truly strong ride that out till the cops come and leave the cops told us THANK YOU for at least sticking around and paying the bar tab and then we had to leave and not get DWI on the way out... Everybody in the party of 40 would be full and likely primed. And before you go judging I was lured into that thinking oh thanks you did not have to invite me I dont know this person but no its ok they said its ok Family Renunion birthday kinda thing its cool.. Id been punked but for 28 bucks where could you eat and drink like that I think I drank 28 dollars worth of beer at least and that did not include the food which did not have bugs in it but Botsell brought his own and put it in his food.. What kinda scoundrel does that ?

Last edited:
How the hell are you supposed to get a blowjob in that thing?

We've all heard that nightmare story where the driver hits something and then well its all over but the crying.. I think it might be a war story but never know.. no room for tom foolery in the cock pit..

Definitely aiming for Ferrari!

Without any of the appreciation potential.

Buy a 12-15 year old Ferrari, enjoy it and then sell it 15 years later for a profit.

If you think a Vette gets chicks, you've never owned a Ferrari.

> then sell it 15 years later for a profit.

You'd have to know which one to buy to do that. Or you'll be trading it in for $500 to buy a Toyota. After sinking tens of thousands into repairs and maintenance. :)

You'd have to know which one to buy to do that. Or you'll be trading it in for $500 to buy a Toyota. After sinking tens of thousands into repairs and maintenance. :)

Um, no. Not to mention the Vette will have depreciated 70% in the same time.

I have one of these in the garage but it needs a new motor:

13158306-1962-chevrolet-corvette-std_f.jpg
Send it my way. I’d be happy to push that beauty from place to place.

Um, no. Not to mention the Vette will have depreciated 70% in the same time.
Doesn't mean the Ferrari wont depreciate into nothing as well, unless it's a collectible and you don't drive it much. Per KBB, my 5 year old BMW 535 is worth less than my wife's 4 year old Subaru Outback, even though it was nearly twice as much new. I'm not saying it should appreciate over time, but still - all mass produced cars, including most Ferraris cost basically the same or less as scrap metal when they're 12-15 years old.

Doesn't mean the Ferrari wont depreciate into nothing as well, unless it's a collectible and you don't drive it much. Per KBB, my 5 year old BMW 535 is worth less than my wife's 4 year old Subaru Outback, even though it was nearly twice as much new. I'm not saying it should appreciate over time, but still - all mass produced cars, including most Ferraris cost basically the same or less as scrap metal when they're 12-15 years old.

This is beyond ridiculous, no one has ever scrapped a Ferrari. The mass produced (by Ferrari standards) 308 cost about $70k in the early 80s, then it got all the way down to 25k, and are now back in the 75-100k range. I've owned Ferraris, and this is how I go about it. I can buy a new one, but have no desire to experience that depreciation in the first five years.

Back
Top Bottom