GM Arts v4 firmware for ALL BJ Devices models

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
GM Arts version 4.00 firmware is out now for all models in the BJ Devices MFC range.

The main changes for this firmware are:
> Any footswitch can do anything
> All TB models are supported

It includes many powerful and flexible features like dual footswitch functions, send any MIDI message(s) from any footswitch, override standard settings with customised settings on a per-patch basis, and lots more.

Like earlier versions, there's a basic mode which should suit most users, and an advanced mode for those who want to get into the detail.

Click here to read the long list of features and download the user guide, tutorials, PC settings editor, firmware and sample settings files.

Wow! Just Wow!
Was setting up my TB-5 wondering if I could do this or that. And it seems like, for every single feature I thought about that's not present in the official FW, there is an exact solution/support in this one.
Thanks a lot for a lot of work put into it!

I tried the v4 firmware this weekend, and it so far it works great with my setup (Axe-FXII + TB-11P).
My setup up is page 1 for patch / scene selection, page 2 with IAs for fx, and on the 3rd page I have full looper control. It took some figuring out out how to achieve what I wanted, but after studying your excellent manuals and playing with the emulator, I quickly succeeded.
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Fantastic job, the whole package of FW, editor, emulator.
I have not encountered any bug (yet), will keep you posted.
Thanks a lot for providing this!

I've updated my firmware to version 4.01, adding some new features - see the link below for details.

There's also good support for players using both effect switching with scene selection on the Axe-FX. Scenes can update effect states, and also show which is the currently selected scene. I don't have documentation ready yet for the new changes, but it will include instructions on how to set this up.

View changes & download here: http://www.gmarts.org/tb/

I highly recommend this firmware for everyone with a TB series foot controller. It is super easy to program your device thanks to the included Windows Editor with emulator for debugging, and provides great functionality.
A wonderful product with FAS like service.

Hey GM Arts

With your latest 4.03 FW ... I have a TB-12 ....... if I am using it with a Kemper and I am in "Performance Mode" ..... can it be set up to display the " Performance Name " in the Top row of the Display and them the " Slot Name " in the bottom row of the Display ?

Thx,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry, I only have an Axe-FX, so haven't been able to test or include MIDI-IN functionality for Kemper.

Man, this is truly awesome! If I knew this would be possible, I'd never spend money on the MFC (and the case for it, BTW).

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is it possible to have a switch that would act like MFC's Tap Tempo/Tuner? Short press = Tap, Long press = Tuner?
2. I can only run the simulator now (an amazingly useful feature!) as I'm on vacation quite far away from my hardware, but here's something that doesn't seem right. The way I use MFC and Axe is this - I have one preset per song, these presets are switched by Up/Down buttons (doable in your firmware). Different sounds are changed by using 8 scenes. Then I use MFC's Internal CCs to set the song's initial scene. This also works in your firmware, but with a caveat. Suppose I need Scene 1 for Preset 1, Scene 2 for Preset 2. In the simulator, when I go to Preset 1, Scene 1 is highlighted. When I go to Preset 2, BOTH Scene 1 and Scene 2 are highlighted though. Switches 1-5 and 7-9 are assigned to Effects with CC34 (Axe FX Scene change), and they are in the same Group. Manually switching them works as expected.

Thanks!

Man, this is truly awesome! If I knew this would be possible, I'd never spend money on the MFC (and the case for it, BTW).

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is it possible to have a switch that would act like MFC's Tap Tempo/Tuner? Short press = Tap, Long press = Tuner?
2. I can only run the simulator now (an amazingly useful feature!) as I'm on vacation quite far away from my hardware, but here's something that doesn't seem right. The way I use MFC and Axe is this - I have one preset per song, these presets are switched by Up/Down buttons (doable in your firmware). Different sounds are changed by using 8 scenes. Then I use MFC's Internal CCs to set the song's initial scene. This also works in your firmware, but with a caveat. Suppose I need Scene 1 for Preset 1, Scene 2 for Preset 2. In the simulator, when I go to Preset 1, Scene 1 is highlighted. When I go to Preset 2, BOTH Scene 1 and Scene 2 are highlighted though. Switches 1-5 and 7-9 are assigned to Effects with CC34 (Axe FX Scene change), and they are in the same Group. Manually switching them works as expected.

Thanks!

Thanks vangrieg,

1. The Tap function operates as a momentary switch, and there are 2 x CC messages* that can be sent from effect footwitches in basic mode. so you can set the Tap footswitch to turn the tuner on whenever pressed. As long as you use the tuner for more than 2 seconds (which you normally would) then it won't mess with your tap tempo.

The tuner option I use is to have the tuner turn on whenever my volume pedal is off. No footswitches required, and silent tuning!

2. You can use Patch Select overrides to select any scene with any patch but without indication on your scene footswitch LEDs (you can do the same on the Axe-FX), or you can select and display scene selection with library books. So the emulator display may be a bug, can you send your .eep file to me, and I'll check it out? My email address is on the opening screen of the editor. I'll be releasing a minor update to the editor anyway, because ...

* The 2nd effect CC number is currently disabled, so I'll fix that in the next editor update.

I'm not sure I follow why I'd need library books or overrides. But I sent you the file anyway.

Also, the idea about expression pedal to engage the tuner is brilliant - thanks!

Thanks again vangreig. Yes, you're right, you can do scene switching in basic mode, without needing library or override features.

I've updated the editor to fix the way the emulator retrieves default effect states. Firmware is not affected.

The latest update is available as usual from http://www.gmarts.org/tb/

Hello Gm Arts. I have recently purchased a TB-11 and I´m using it with the stock firmware with an AxeFX Ultra. Does your firmware works OK with the Ultra? (I mean patch names in the screen, tuner in the expression pedal. etc)

Thank you!

Hello Gm Arts. I have recently purchased a TB-11 and I´m using it with the stock firmware with an AxeFX Ultra. Does your firmware works OK with the Ultra? (I mean patch names in the screen, tuner in the expression pedal. etc)

At this stage it's only set up for Axe-FX II units, but I'll have a look to see if it's possible to include the older units.

Because of another thread I started checking out these TB Controllers and they seem awesome. Probably fit my needs more than the MFC-101 as I want to control things other than my Axe rigs. Looks like you have an editor for the foot controller (?) I am wondering if this software you offer will operate on MacBook?

Sorry, the editor for my firmware is Windows only. Generally you only need to setup once, so if you have a friend with a Windows PC you could do it there.

Bear in mind that the factory firmware can be edited entirely on the unit itself.

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom