GM Arts v4 firmware for ALL BJ Devices models

Probably best to play with the editor, that way you can see exactly what you can do.

But briefly, advanced mode allows you to send your own customised batch of one or more MIDI messages of any type with effect and patch selection footswitches.

In addition, advanced mode allows you to change what effect footswitches do on a per-patch basis.

There are manuals online for more details.

Cheers

Just read the " Library " manual :) and have 2 quick questions:-

=> if I create a Library Command can I assign that Library Command to a single FSW ?

and

=> will I need to somehow find and get the raw midi hex data for any midi command I want to include in the Library (?) or does the editor read/extract this data from the device as I build up and create a Library Command (?)

Ben

Last edited:
Yes for both questions, but the editor includes tools that make it t easy for AxeFX II commands and common MIDI comands.

One quick thing Im stuck on ....... with my TB-12, I have 2 x Additional FSW's attached to EXP 1 set up to Bank Up and Bank Down.

=> how do I access the 2 x Additional FSW's connected to EXP 1 in the Editor ?

=> and how do I then assign them to be Bank Up -and- Bank Down ?

Thanks again,
Ben

Hi Ben,

The expression pedal jacks on the TB series are designed for pedals of course. It is possible for each of them to be used with a single momentary footswitch plus a tiny amount of additional circuitry to simulate a pedal being changed from minimum to maximum.

My firmware supports this with both with "heel" effects and of course, pedal CC messages. It might be possible to add functionality for bank up/down in the future.

Just in case there's confusion, the sockets marked as SW 1/2, and SW 3/4 are not for connecting additional footswitches. They are relay-controlled switches for connecting other devices, such as amp channel switching.

Last edited:
Version 4.04 is now up!

- Supports Axe-FX III (all previous functions, plus scene names, but without get/set tempo for now)
- New patch select options, you can now have patch footswitches controlling scenes and more!
- New library commands and a few changes

Download here and as usual, let me know if you find any problems.
http://www.gmarts.org/tb/

Hi GM!
Your creation is awesome. I realy like it. Stock firmware developers couldn't hold a candle to you.
But i found one thing in my case. I using tb-11p and a notebook for live perfomance and i need it via usb instead midi. But i think your firmware dont supports usb sends. Because with converter midi to usb everything work perfectly. I found nothing about usb sends in eep editor. With best regards!

Thanks for your feedback, Mas.

The MFC emulator in my PC editor is really intended for testing purposes, but as you've discovered, works fine with a USB to MIDI converter.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. You've mentioned both the TB-11P foot controller as well as a notebook. Are you trying have both of the controlling your Axe-FX?

The thing is that i dont have axe-fx at all )). Only pc with souncard with vst or standalone plugins. Bj devices can work without power cable only via usb to pc. The stock firmware maintain usb sends as well and i dont need converter. But when i applied your firmware exactly usb stopped working. And i wonder is there any chance to make usb support firmware?

OK thanks, I understand now.

I'll have a look at this, but I need to point out it will take a little while, because I'm already working on another request.

cheers

Its ok. I'll be waiting for your answer, take your time, there's no hurry. Seems groped it. Section in manual MIDI thru map Should be usb in>midi out

Version 4.05 is now available.

Main changes are:
- Supports the BJ Devices BS-2 dual up/down footswitch connected to a pedal socket
- More flexible Stepper effects (can be used for Axe-FX scene up and down, with wrap-around)
- New foot-switch functions: Page Up and Page Down.
- New option to backtrack to previous patch pedal values.

Download here: http://www.gmarts.org/tb/

I should have mentioned some additional changes for version 4.05:
- can send MIDI out via USB (press the MFC UP button to toggle between normal MIDI OUT and USB MIDI OUT).
- there's a [Translate] button in the editor to see a description of library book messages and commands

@Mas will be interested in USB MIDI
@ben ifin will be interested in the BS-2 support

I'd love to read more about your company but these days... you simply don't type in "bj devices" into Google or Facebook without resulting to sex toy ads through AdWords and Facebook Ads. :confused:

I'd love to read more about your company but these days... you simply don't type in "bj devices" into Google or Facebook without resulting to sex toy ads through AdWords and Facebook Ads. :confused:

I don't think @GM Arts is related to http://bjdevices.com/en/ in any way - that's a Russian company that makes MIDI hardware and welcomes users to make custom firmware for their gear (which, frankly, is something FAS should have done when they realized that MFC wouldn't work with the III).

Back
Top Bottom