Glowing review from sound guy last night...

dpeterson

Axe-Master
Played a multi band 90's tribute gig (6-7 bands) last night at Gillys in Dayton OH... real tight setup times in between bands, (10 minutes).

First off sound guy was wowed he didn't have to mic my rig, i told him to unplug the mic and plug it in the line out of my k12, and that was it. After our set he came up and said, "wow, that was amazing.... refreshing, yes refreshing, the tone compared to everyone else was incredible." He didn't stop complementing me on the band and the tones. Even gave me his card, wants to run sound for us :)

I often look at the amount of crap i lug out the door for shows and wonder, but after that kind of praise, it makes it all worth it.

Great report. Ok thats interesting. I was thinking that i would have run two balanced outs from axe to FOH and then two unbalanced lines two my two clrs. But your running out of your monitors to FOH. Tonally; does that give you the same FOH sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report. Ok thats interesting. I was thinking that i would have run two balanced outs from axe to FOH and then two unbalanced lines two my two clrs. But your running out of your monitors to FOH. Tonally; does that give you the same FOH sound?

With the K12 it should - it's just passing through the signal. I've got one too and have used it this way before.

I've been around the block a few times with sound guys. If he is good then winner! Needless to say he's been blown away. I can't stop playing with my axe and I've been around the block a fair few times with processors too.

With the K12 it should - it's just passing through the signal. I've got one too and have used it this way before.

yep, just a pass through, so whats coming into it goes to the house. I only run one live (less crap to drag around), and they seem to be able to grasp the concept better. Same thing again last night, sound guy looked perplexed at my monitor standing there with the mic and stand... said just drop the xlr and I have it covered.

Back
Top Bottom