Glogal Post EQ Gain as a Master Volume?

My amps don't have overall Master Volumes. That is one thing I really miss about switching from Mesa to Rivera and PRS amps.

It's barely 7AM here on Saturday morning. I wanted to jam, but it was way too loud with an amp for my sleepy neighborhood.

I used the Global Graphic EQ's Gain slider as a Master Volume. It works really well to a certain extent. The tone is exactly the same, but I'm not pissing anyone off.
I really like this!

Is there an easier way to do this?
I know the FX8 is supposed to be a Unity Gain device, which I really like, but I need a way to control the volume of both amps (once I get the issues worked out with using 2 amps).
For gigs, this is priceless! I don't gig very much anymore, but would really like to start again.

I use an expression knob from Mission Engineering to control the Post Out volume in the I/O Control menu and the Pedal 2 jack.

I use the EV1 to control the post volume as well. Same as having an effects loop. I can lower the overall volume without changing the tone or (most importantly) the gain that my amp is seeing from the drive pedals.

I have a TT Pro, but I think there is a knob-only model as well. It uses a TRS cable.

I use an expression knob from Mission Engineering to control the Post Out volume in the I/O Control menu and the Pedal 2 jack.

I just tried using the Post Out. You only have the choices of +4 or -10 though. If I'm looking in the correct place......

It would be great if I were able to use a Modifier on the Post EQ Gain. Adjusting the level here seems to work the best for my setup.

I just tried using the Post Out. You only have the choices of +4 or -10 though. If I'm looking in the correct place......

that is setting the overall "level type." it's not meant as a volume control, but setting the starting point with other gear.

i'm talking about the I/O Control menu and assigning Post Out volume to a controller like a Pedal jack. look in the FX8 manual for the Global Volume section near the end.

that is setting the overall "level type." it's not meant as a volume control, but setting the starting point with other gear.

i'm talking about the I/O Control menu and assigning Post Out volume to a controller like a Pedal jack. look in the FX8 manual for the Global Volume section near the end.

Perfect, thanks! I thought I was in the wrong place.

I built a little volume knob to control the Post Out Volume, works like a charm!
Stereo jack and a 250k linear pot.
I tried a 10k and it just didn't have enough of a sweep. Most of the sweep below 2:00 was off, no control at all.
I also tried a 100k linear pot, but I think the sweep of the 250k is the best for this application.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom