Global volume pedal sweep

Hi everyone,

I have a Mission Engineering EP-1 setup as global volume on the FM3 (per page 11 of the manual) for output 1. The volume works when rocked, but the sweep is very sensitive, and does not use about 50% of the travel on the pedal. I've down the calibration, and it shows nearly 100% of the travel of the pedal.

Am I missing something, or is this an expected behavior?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue with a different pedal. The pedal worked fine with my previous two modelers (non Fractal) so I'm wondering what's going on.

With that pedal or in general? I'm ok getting a different pedal if it will help but I don't want to if not.
There are a few pedals with a knob like that. Adjusting it limits the range of values so it confuses people. Nothing wrong with the pedal itself as long as you've got it adjusted right.

Try what I suggested to the OP above:

If you attach the pedal as a modifier on some control (instead of the global volume) and look at the modifier graph, does it move smoothly across the whole range?

There are a few pedals with a knob like that. Adjusting it limits the range of values so it confuses people. Nothing wrong with the pedal itself as long as you've got it adjusted right.

Try what I suggested to the OP above:

I will check it out thank you for the help.

I did some more testing and I think it's the sweep on my actual pedal. I ordered a Moog that seem to be well regarded, I will see how that goes.

No. I was told by fractal tech:

"
Depending on where you are controlling the volume, this could be normal. For example, most of the volume in front of a gainy amp is "absorbed" as saturation. Try a volume block after the Cab, or try the Global output volume.
I did set up as global volume, but it's still really really sensitive to any movement on the pedal.

I did set up as global volume, but it's still really really sensitive to any movement on the pedal.

I did the same. For me the pedal starts working from roughly 50% onwards, before that there's not much sound at all. At 100% it feels like the volume is the same as without the pedal. I did check on a modifier graph that it travels through the range as it should.

Back
Top Bottom