• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Global Virtual Capo

• Independent of preset
  • Ability to increment up or down using FC or, ideally an external switch or stand in switch
  • Some sort of visual feedback on the FC. For example, just like it tells you the preset and scene you're on...it could also show the + or - value for the virtual capo regardless of the preset or scene you're on. That way you always have a visual reference

GlennO

Power User
I agree with the general idea here. This is why I still use my Drop pedal. The virtual capo is truly impressive, but in many cases it doesn’t make sense to make it part of the amp modeling/effects device preset. I view it as part of the instrument that feeds the AxeFX, independent of AxeFX presets.

Last edited:

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
I like it, but wouldn't that mean that you'd have the CPU hit from having a Capo block "in" every preset? (remember that CPU is used whether or not a block is active).

Probably wouldn't matter that much on the III but would significantly affect the FM3.

rossipedia

Inspired
I like it, but wouldn't that mean that you'd have the CPU hit from having a Capo block "in" every preset?

Only when the global capo was enabled. But I think that's kinda the idea. I don't really think this is as useful on the FM3 considering it's got the old capo algorithm which isn't nearly as responsive/useful as the AxeFX's

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Only when the global capo was enabled. But I think that's kinda the idea. I don't really think this is as useful on the FM3 considering it's got the old capo algorithm which isn't nearly as responsive/useful as the AxeFX's
Maybe it would be different if it was a global setting, but as I said in my post, blocks use CPU whether or not they're active. A global capo would still be a pitch block; it would just come before the grid.

Top Bottom