Global Virtual Capo

Keith White

Experienced
Is there a way to make the virtual capo block a global setting. Being in two bands it would be so nice to be able to switch on global capo -1 instead of having to deal with each preset

One possible way is to assign the bypass of the 'Pitch' block in those presets to a spare Control Switch. Make sure that all scenes of that Control Switch are set to 'Last'. Add that CS to your foot-switch. This switch will be immune to scenes, and retain it's state across presets.

Still like the original poster's idea of a global capo. Hate to waste a grid space for a "virtual capo" across all presets.

A global capo setting that isn’t on the grid might be confusing, though, since you’d have no quick way to bypass it at a gig.

Global blocks might be your answer. Link the pitch block to the same global block across all patches, then change the global block to whatever is needed for the occasion and save.

Control switches are another way to accomplish a similar goal. They provide more flexibility but are relatively more complicated. You can look back in my post history a couple of months back for a couple of threads where this was talked about in more detail for Pitch block needs. Don't have the time at the moment to pull the link myself (santa's workshop is about to get in session).

Reactions: Rex
historically, effects haven't been available outside of a the preset. an exception could be the FX8 Looper, but there was no standard Layout/Grid on that, so it makes a bit more sense.

FAS would have to make a new paradigm to make things like this happen. might take a while or might not be possible.

historically, effects haven't been available outside of a the preset. an exception could be the FX8 Looper, but there was no standard Layout/Grid on that, so it makes a bit more sense.

FAS would have to make a new paradigm to make things like this happen. might take a while or might not be possible.
I think the paradigm is there already. Witness the tuner. :)

I think the paradigm is there already. Witness the tuner. :)
Not an effect that affects the tone tho. It’s more like an override. Effects outside the preset need to be placed somewhere. FX8 looper has a few options, but a pitch effect or something else might need more options than that.

Who knows if this is already possible, but we haven’t seen it all this time.

Not an effect that affects the tone tho. It’s more like an override. Effects outside the preset need to be placed somewhere. FX8 looper has a few options, but a pitch effect or something else might need more options than that.

Who knows if this is already possible, but we haven’t seen it all this time.
It does affect the signal, though. It can mute the signal or pass it through. We know that it can accept signal, because that’s how it reads pitch.

You’re right,though. It’s kind of an override. Just like a global capo would be.

It does affect the signal, though. It can mute the signal or pass it through. We know that it can accept signal, because that’s how it reads pitch.

You’re right,though. It’s kind of an override. Just like a global capo would be.
Ok.

Santa's elf is taking a break and remembered one of my relevant conversations I was alluding to related to global eq rather than the pitch block; in case you were going to have the chance to look and didn't see it.

Back
Top Bottom