Wish Global Superblocks

Dr. Dipwad

Experienced
Global Blocks are on the list for future implementation. (Hopefully with custom names!)

But what about "Superblocks?"

"What's a Superblock," you ask? Well....

Let's say that you want to emulate the sound of a particular off-the-shelf pedal. Something obscure like a Digitech Freqout or EHX Ravish Sitar.

The problem is this: Some of those weirder pedals require more than one block to "cooperate" in order to produce the desired sound. (A reverb block plus a pitch block, or whatever.)

What would be nice is the ability to store a combination of blocks (with particular settings and wiring) as a Global Superblock under an editable name.

So somebody on the forum would invent a Superblock for Pedal X, share it, and anyone who wanted one in one of their presets would download it and insert it into their Axe III's "Global Superblocks repository."

Once there, it could be inserted into a preset.

Problem would be if your using blocks in this "super block" that might already exist otherwise in the preset, and then you try to load the "super block" and it would have to not load, give an error, or delete an existing block, so I'm not sure how you'd get around that issue

When I have a couple of blocks I like chained together, I just save that basic layout as a barebones preset, so if for example I have a starting preset that has a parallel delay and modulated reverb combination I like, I open that preset and then can just drop in my amp and cab etc as I choose, with everything else already there.

Its essentially the same thing has a "super block" from a patch creation process, and it can be called up with just a click of the mouse as well.

The preset is the global superblock..

How about the concept of nesting presets... so a preset can be used as a 'superblock' and then nested into one or more other presets as a single block that works like a 'pseudo-effect loop'?

Just a thought and, if implemented, think of how fast we'll be looking for the AxeFX4 that has another 4x the CPU! :)

I think a nice addition, that would somehow accomplish the same result, would be the ability to copy/paste several blocks at once in axe edit. Basically select an area of the grid or a number of blocks and paste it/them as is in another preset.

Back
Top Bottom