Wish Global speaker and dynamic depth

outloaf

I'm not sure how many of you gear nerds have noticed but the only way to get the AX8 in the ballpark of the real world counterpart is by adjusting the low frequency resonance, speaker drive and cranking the dynamic depth. It would be great to not have to menu dive every time I want to audition a new amp.

I've not experienced this. I only touch the controls that were on the original amp (per Yek's guide) and it sounds as good or better than any recorded amp I've ever heard. I go direct though - you may have a different experience if you use a power amp and real cab.

OP - you must be referring to when you are using a power amp and guitar cab? I could see the use for that setup. Direct with Cab Sim's though I don't think so.

Yes, this would be predominately for using with a ss power amp and guitar cab or when using my own IR's. Most of the factory ir's have an abundance of low end so it's generally a non-issue when going direct. I have found that when using my own impulses that I have to treat it the same as if I were plugged into a power amp and guitar cab.

Yes, this would be predominately for using with a ss power amp and guitar cab or when using my own IR's. Most of the factory ir's have an abundance of low end so it's generally a non-issue when going direct. I have found that when using my own impulses that I have to treat it the same as if I were plugged into a power amp and guitar cab.

When shooting your custom IRs, do you completely isolate the cab and play through it listening via monitors? That's the only way to find the best mic positions and mix of mics. If your IR doesn't have enough low end, I'd suggest reshooting the IR.

When shooting your custom IRs, do you completely isolate the cab and play through it listening via monitors? That's the only way to find the best mic positions and mix of mics. If your IR doesn't have enough low end, I'd suggest reshooting the IR.

I should have also prefaced with me being anice audio engineer for about 15 years with a few international albums under my belt.. Haha. The cabinet is being captured correctly and the final direct tones are nearly identical to the actual amps but only after tweaking the speaker resonance and dynamic depth. I could be missing a big piece of the puzzle also.

In favor of global LFR.

Haven't felt the need to touch dynamic depth.

Back
Top Bottom